how to completely remove nvidia drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to completely remove nvidia drivers

I have switch from nvidia to ati (about a month ago) and am having some problems with the ati. So I am trying to remove my nvidia drivers completely. Which program will work the best for removing all the left over parts ( i have uninstalled the drivers via all/remove).

also this isn't completely related but i let my parents use my computer for a while and they installed aol, and it seems to be like the nvidia drivers it just doesn't want to go away are there any programs that can fix that?

Re: how to completely remove nvidia drivers

If you head on over to www.guru3d.com you'll be able to find a utility to remove nVidai drivers, but I've yet to have problems on a WinXP based machine.

Oh, and as to your AOL miseries, you'll first want to instruct your parents about the DON'T'S of using this crapware and then reformat. I've yet to find a good method of removing the garbage and multiple registry entries associated with AOL.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

hum I tried detonator rip and it gets an error every time I try to run it. It saids the app failed to initalize properly. Any ideas?

Comment

Last one I saw for nVidia boards at Guru3d was called Detonator Destroyer.
        My Toys

Comment

that isn't designed for xp... grrrr

Comment

If you're using XP then you shouldn't be having any problems anyway. I've made the switch several times and didn't have any problems. Just remove the old video board from the Device Manager before installing the new board. WinXP does a very good job of removing the old drivers so they won't conflict with the new board.
            My Toys

Comment

ok sounds good, i hadn't done the the device manager thing

Comment

That is likely where your problem lies then since your system is looking for more than one video card. I don't know if it will still work since you've already made the change, but you can try.
                My Toys

Comment

If you are still having problems you might try Driver Cleaner http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/ . Just follow instructions in the readme file.
                  Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                  X