New 9800 pro not working help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 9800 pro not working help plz

Not really, if you want add more. Did you switch from an nVidia card to an ATi card and just uninstall the nVidia's drivers? If so, that could be your def. problem. I would (this is me speaking) reformat (in the case that you just changed cards w/o reformating) and go from there. If it still doesn't work, then complain to ATi, i don't think taking off the HS voides warrantly, besides there are stickers on it that say it will.

Comment

I did just uninstall the nvidia drivers. What should i have done (other than a reformat as i don't have the space to back everything)?

But it seems to me that heat is clearly the problem. A driver problem shouldn't be affected by heat (hench the fan making it work better) or by underclocking it, right? Though i would be interested in what else i should have done besides unistall the drivers (i should do that no matter what I would think).

My thought is that one corner had very little to connect it to the heatsink which if it was true would seem to cause a problem that is simalar to what i am having.

Comment

Check out the ATi catalyst driver installation on this website. It should tell you how to show hidden devices that used to be connected to your computer and how to delete the old files so windows won't freak out.

If infact it is a heat problem, you could try and buy more thermal paste, or try a new VGAcooler.

Comment

Working...
        X