best video card right now for $200ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best video card right now for $200ish

well i guess the topic says it all. its about time for a new card, because my 5600 blows goats. i'm not into spending $500 for top of the line cool guy cards, but i can lay down about $200. let me know what you fellas have to say, and ill appreciate it very much. mucho thanks.

If your talking $200 in US dollars than you get can a Sapphire ATi Radeon 9800pro 128mb at Newegg.com for just under $210

Comment

yeah, 200 USD, and ill take your advice and get with a 9800 pro then. thanks a lot. i probably wont make the purchase for a week or two so if someone wants to object, more power to ya.

Comment

Yeah, definetely get the Sapphire:

Comment

Nothing to even think about protesting, for 200$ the 9800 pro is your best buy.

Comment

wonder if that would be better or getting the 9600 xt I believe that comes with like 256 memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabidturtle
              wonder if that would be better or getting the 9600 xt I believe that comes with like 256 memory.
              Thats just a stupid idea

Comment

To further that thought, 256MB of memory only helps in very few applications, and usually only in certain aspects of them. Having a faster card will help more. You shouldn't try to get a card with 256MB unless you're already looking at a high-end card like a X800, which will already come with 256MBs (I don't think there are or will be 128MB versions, none at Newegg).

Also, to clarify, not all 9600XTs come with 256MBs of memory. However, ones that do will be very close in price to 9800 Pros with 128MBs of memory.

Basically, yeah, that's just a stupid idea.

Comment

Working...
                X