Readon 8500 proublems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Readon 8500 proublems

im haveing a proublem with overclocking. im using powerstrip to overclock my readon OEM vershion (yes the one with the 250 mhz clock) im using windows XP and the 6.13.10.6025 BETA drivers. the thing is that at stock speeds it will get about 7600 score in 3d mark 2001. but when i overclock it to 290 mhz core and 270 mhz memory the score will drop to about 6500. i used the 6.13.10.6015 windows supported drivers and it still does the same thing. i dont know if it is the drivers, the overclock speeds or 3d mark but i want to know if anyone else is haveing the same proublem.

RDR can correct me if I'm wrong here, but it is my understanding that you have to adjust the memory and core speeds the same amount. So it would have to be set to 270/270, 290/290... or whatever you can get. Otherwise, the card won't function properly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

These 2 articles may be of some help to you. ;)
      http://www.xcl-clan.com/articles.php3?id=29
      http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=953
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i know about that pencil trick but never tried it. has anyone tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          RDR can correct me if I'm wrong here, but it is my understanding that you have to adjust the memory and core speeds the same amount. So it would have to be set to 270/270, 290/290... or whatever you can get. Otherwise, the card won't function properly.
          the 1st generation Radeons would only allow equal memory & core speed settings (in most cases) - the newer ones do allow you to set the core and memory to different values - but there is a debate in the Radeon community (?) about whether or not it does any good. :confused:

My experience is that you do get the best results with core and memory at the same speed - but there are those who will disagree

Comment

i am trying to disable sideband.

but i dont know how to.

i have radeon 8500 and abit kt7 133a, with th 1200.

when i use powerstrip, i can click the sideband away but then the system hans rightaway.

i cant find anywhere in abit bios ( 17/03 ) newest, anything about sidebanding.

is there a start up reg. or any program that can disable it.

with my old geforce 256 the sideband was disabled by default.
            but wneh i plug my new ati8500 in, then it is enabled by default.

please help

Comment

that's surprising - my Radeon8500 had Sideband addressing disabled by default.
              My first though would be to try Powerstrip...but since you've already tried that.....
              there must be a registry setting...but I don't know what is is

try www.Rage3D.com - lots of good info there

Comment

Working...
              X