Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget/Cheaper Cards Wot should I choose

Hey guys

I am relatively new to the gaming world and video cards. I intent to build myself an AthlonXP 1700+, 256mb DDR, ASUS A7V266-E, SB Live etc etc.

I really need help on which video card to choose. I don't want a top of the line video card, however I want one that will adequately play future releases for atleast another 18 months. (fingers crossed) :)

Should I buy a GEFORCE4 MX440 (leadtek or Prolink etc) or a GEFORCE3 Ti200.

If you suggest a GF3 Ti200 please recommend a good brand which performs well and is in the middle of the road price range for this range of card.

Thanks Guys
    Aaron

On the basis the GeForce3 Ti200 has better DX support and you want this card to last you for the next 18 months, I would opt toward it over the GeFore4 MX since it's DX support and performance isn't as good as the Ti200. If you have the money, however, I'd lean more toward a GeForce3 Ti500.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Mr Tweak

Do you mean I should I opt for the GF3 ti200 instead of the mx440?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Mr Tweak

Do you mean I should I opt for the GF3 ti200 instead of the mx440?
        Yep - But if you have the extra cash considering how long you want this video card to be operative, go for a GeForce3 Ti500. They will continue to drop in price now since the release of the GeForce4, wait another couple of weeks, but make sure you don't miss out because nVidia have or will soon stop producing these chips.
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

How about a ATI Radeon 7500 64M DDR TV DVI instead???

Comment

Or how about the ATI Radeon 8500 64M DDR TV DVI instead of the GF3ti500

Comment

Sorry, can't really help you there. I haven't personally used an ATi card before.
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I've got a Radeon 8500 (retail) - I'm happy with it - especially with the newer drivers :D

If you start looking at the cards produced by 3rd parties - pay attention to the clocks - there are a lot of different versions ranging from 230/230 to 275/275 MHz and in some cases up to 300/300

I have limited experience with a GF3Ti200 as well ... both cards have their individual merits and will probably do just about eveything you want them too.

Comment

Working...
                X