Geforce FX 5600 Ultra issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce FX 5600 Ultra issues

My graphics card seems to give these weird graphical problems in certain games, FF:XI and Horizons, its most noticeable in Horizons at certain areas like the one in the screen shot, however in games like Counter-strike it runs perfectly fine. I've tried 45.23 drivers and 53.03 and they both give the same problem. Im running windows XP and my machine is not overclocked. Neither is my graphics card..
    Other people ive talked to doesnt seem to have this problem, and i actually returned this model card i had for the same one because of the small glitches and i still have it. Any ideas what it could be? here are some pictures of what im talking about.
    its as if data on the vertex location of certain polygons is getting miscalculated or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The first image is what it looks like normally... but it will start going crazy after a couple of seconds kind of being normal, then being messed up.

Pics here

I have the 9800 256 and it works great, I can't wait until doom3 comes out and I can see what this card can really do.

Comment

uhh okay :P
      Well i tried replacing the ram, no luck, I replaced the PSU, no luck, i tried the card in another machine and it worked fine. I tried a reformat, no luck, Finally i tried another motherboard laying around and it worked. The one i was using was a a7m266 and i swapped it for a GA-7vrxp and it works great now.

Comment

Originally posted by siasmaster
        I have the 9800 256 and it works great, I can't wait until doom3 comes out and I can see what this card can really do.
        How is that helping him?

Does that mean you fixed your problem? So it was a bad mobo? Will try to put another card in to see if it works with the mobo. It seems you have incompitibilty issues with your card and mobo combination. :cheers:
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
        X