What kind of graphic card should i get? my prince range is $

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of graphic card should i get? my prince range is $

i have a very powerful pc all is missing a graphic card...but moneys kind of tight so what is a must have for a gamer like me, my price range is $120-160....thanks

I've just picked up a used GeForce4 ti4800SE for around $100 from www.ebuyer.com

I actually ordered a ti4200 but they sent me the above by mistake so it looks like I'm quids in! ;)

Comment

get a geforcefx 5700 non ultra $150. and get a $3 expansion slot fan and overclock it. i have an albatron brand and i have it from 425/400 to 510/630.

Comment

hmm...i wanted to go with and ATI card....should i go with the nividia?

Comment

if thats the max price range, go for a 9600xt and get HL2 for free.

If you can stand spending 210 or 220 US dollars, go for a 9700 Pro, which owns a 9600XT.

Comment

I did exactly the same type of research last week that you're doing now buddy. I ended up with the Ti because the general concensus of opinion was that the nvidia chipsets were by far and away the best chipsets available within my price range which was roughly the same as yours.

I can't comment on ATI vs Nvidia in a head to head performance contest because I've never been in a position to compare them but If you want quality ATI you'll find that you will need to set more money aside.

FatGuy3's suggestion would've been my other option had I not found the card I had at such a good price.

Comment

I'd recomend a Ti 4000 series card. They OC great, and they play most of todays games well.

The only game i have any problems with is SWG, but UT2003 runs great and i score 1800+ on 3Dmark03 with OC.

Comment

Go with a 9600XT. It's by far the best budget card out right now, and can be overclocked to 9700 NP speeds if you know what you're doing.

As Fatguy recommended, the 9700 Pro is also a nice choice if you're willing to spend the extra money, but you won't get Half-Life 2 with it, and they're hard to find.

The stuff about Ti's is ture, but you won't be able to play the new DirectX 9 titles coming out in the next year - at least with a decent framerate, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
                  Go with a 9600XT. It's by far the best budget card out right now, and can be overclocked to 9700 NP speeds if you know what you're doing.
                  9600XT core clock is 500

9700 core clock is 275

No overclocking needed to reach the "same clocks".

But the 9700 will still be faster.

Comment

I'm referring to performance, not pure clock speed. With overclocking, you can still get around the four pipeline limitation. You can't completely negate it, but you can certainly reduce the "harm" it does.

Comment

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...ournament_2003

Take a look at the diff between the 9600XT and 9700. Personally, I'd take the 9700.

Comment

Not bad...I'm assuming that those are for FlyBy, considering the settings.

AA/AF performance isn't as good on the 9600, but I doubt most people would use it with UT2003, anyway...too much of a performance hog.

Comment

Yeah, I must admit that the Ti series is becoming dated. When I have trouble running an MMORG somethings wrong:confused:

Thats why I'm looking for a new card:geek:

Comment

Originally posted by Radicus
                            Yeah, I must admit that the Ti series is becoming dated. When I have trouble running an MMORG somethings wrong:confused:

Thats why I'm looking for a new card:geek:
                            What game?

A clocked up Ti4200 can run just about anything...hell Unreal 2 is a taxing game, even on my system. But my other system with a Ti4200 runs it just as good.

Comment

Working...
                            X