Hercules 9800Pro slow results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiggo
    so ya FSB needs to be set at 166MHz x 12.5.
    Wiggo, I tried these settings and the PC does not reach BIOS when I boot. Should I try the 200Mhz FSB route?

TIA

Comment

Give us ya temps (room/system/CPU at full load) and then the same lot of temps with the side off the case.

Comment

Yes that's the best way to find out. I'f I remove my side the cpu rize 3c at idle.

Comment

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
          Try disabling VSync

Where can you disable that Vsyn thingy??

Comment

Right click on your desktop and click on properties.
            Then click on the Settings tab and click on the Advanced tab.
            Another settings box should pop up, click on Open GL tab and in there, there should be something that says Wait For Vertical Sync (For ATi), slide the slider down to Always Off.

Comment

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
              Right click on your desktop and click on properties.
              Then click on the Settings tab and click on the Advanced tab.
              Another settings box should pop up, click on Open GL tab and in there, there should be something that says Wait For Vertical Sync (For ATi), slide the slider down to Always Off.
              I cant find it. what i can see from there are these -- DISPLAY, COLOR, OPTIONS, OVERLAY, GENERAL, ADAPTER, MONITOR, TROUBLESHOOT, COLOR MANAGEMENT, SMARTGART(tm), 3D, and VPU RECOVER.

Comment

Originally posted by crazysniper22
                I cant find it. what i can from there is these DISPLAY, COLOR, OPTIONS, OVERLAY, GENERAL, ADAPTER, MONITOR, TROUBLESHOOT, COLOR MANAGEMENT, SMARTGART(tm), 3D, and VPU RECOVER.
                it's under 3D. ATi did a little re-arranging with the Catalyst drivers :)

Comment

hey thanks minibubba! but i still can't see the Vsync thingy!

I have an option to whether use 3D or OpenGL then i got a slide for performance and balance thats all... em sorry im a bit dumb

Comment

I'm doing this from memory since I'm not at my home PC, but I think you just have to click 'custom' to the right of the slider. If you still have trouble, wait about an hour and I'll be able to take a more hands-on approach ;)

Comment

hehehe!!! your so good at it man, yah your right its under custom, but out of curiosity i already found it!!! hehehe!! thanks minibubba!! thanks!!

Oh by the way... what is the best one to use.. OpenGL or Direct 3D??

Comment

no problem :)

as for openGL and direct3D, it depends on the game. some games require one or the other while other games give you a choice (example, HL2 uses dx9 while Doom 3 uses openGL, i think). Personally, I like to use openGL whenever possible (however, directX is required far more often). Just tweak both for the performance you are after so no matter which is required you will always have the expience you expect.

Comment

i see,.. ok man thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                          X