• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most certainly will. ;)

Comment

Thank you, Darthtanion and RDR for your explanations

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
        i have a GF2 MX, will buying a GF4 440 make much difference ? ..........plz say yes plz say yes plz say yes :D
        Yes and Yes again! for the guys on a budget.......this is a god send of a litttle card.............................

Big D and RDR, nicely done!

It's simple, for those with deeper pockets, hey wait for the big brother Gf4's they should be killer cards.........for everyone else.....
        this little card will make your heart fly over the older Gf2 mx series. For those tech hunters that prefer to tradeup every year, the 460's and newer middle ground cards should prove to be very satisfing. ATI is sweating this one, I'm sure.

For a budget card the new Gf4's :flames:

Comment

Here's a post from an ID Software (makers of doom etc) guru......

PS talking about budgets...a GF3ti200 costs about the same as the GF4MX...so what's the argument????? Game makers are doubting the value (and that's user value) of a technology that has actually gone backwards???? Fine if you want to stay with the current lot of software but the newer software will leave the GF4MX wanting as already indicated in the link above

Comment

Please don't take my comments wrongly...the GF4MX IS good technology BUT it is not the generational change that you would expect from a new model....the 4 in GF4MX does NOT mean it is superior to the previous chipset on a bang for the buck basis and THAT is what I have been alluding to......if you can do without the hardware support for dx8 then fine....but if you are a gamer then i would look real close at the options.

Comment

Yeah but Oldbugger atm if you want to get a GF3 Ti 200, or 500 for that matter, you'd better hurry and get it as the supplies of these are dryin' up fast and then what will ya be left with? :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying......don't necessarily fall for the hype ..... exercise YOUR right as a consumer to be selective about what you spend YOUR money on......depending on YOUR needs not what they want to sell you..

I gave the GF3TI200 to the son.....I'm happy with the ASUS v7100 gf2mx....my needs don't warrant it ...

Comment

That's one of the reasons I stick with my old TNT2 M64 and it has no probs playin' the games we have but the GF2MX in the Athy box certainly goes well though. ;)
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbugger
                    I gave the GF3TI200 to the son.....

Can I have a father like you then???
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

yeh me too,would be nice if my dad even knew had to use a computer, and i didn't have to explain to him how to turn it on LOL.

Comment

;) two things,

1) showing him school projects ya did with your system.

2) e-mail cards to mom, and other siblings

3) watch for projects he might need that you could do on your system.

wings: he might not get deeply invovled w/ comp's, but dad's
                        take pride in there son's complishments. And very supportive of things they don't see as toys.

Comment

erm..ok....dont think he be interested in my gcse IT comp designing model in excell.....and my comp is a toy :D :rolleyes2

Comment

I actually enjoy computing in its own right but I also use it to "keep-in-touch" with #2son thru a common interest....we have a ball....with #1son it was fishing and with the dorta it was dining out at restaurants etc (Ok so I'm a fat fisherman with a techo bend)

Make it a two way thing with your old man and you'll be surprised just how much support you will get...but its gotta be two way

Comment

But what if you haven't had anything to do with your old man since you were 18 months old? :( :cry:
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah it will be uuuh YES

Comment

Working...
                                X