Nvidia or ATI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia or ATI?

ok i see all this stuff about the Nvidia FX 5800 and the Radeon 9800. I sometimes hear the Nvidia is better and sometimes hear the radeon is better. From everything i can put togather the Radeon is better. I am sure each card has its own strenghts and weaknesses but I cant seem to find a review that compares the two cards fairly, usually the review is biased. So, what are each cards strenghts and weaknesses, and do u think the guys who run tweaktown.com could maybe do a fair and unbiased review if thay had some time. a shootout type thing would be awesome.

The 5800 isn't worth it ! If you want an nVidia card, waiting a few weeks for the 5900 would be worth your while. It is what the 5800 should have been !
    Then there's the 9900 from ATI coming out soon as well. It's a higher clocked 9800 so that they can reclaim the speed title.
    But what it all comes down to, is either way you win ! They're all great cards at that point.

edit
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

the two cards are nearly identical in performance, so just pick a manufacture that has added the features you want and go for it

Comment

Actually the 9800 Pro outperforms the 5800 Ultra by a fair margin. Don;t get the 5800 Ultra they sound like a vacuum cleaner and the performance is similar to a 9700 Pro which is much cheaper these days. Even Nvidia admits the product was a failure.

If you want a top of the range 3d card now, get the 9800 Pro.
        :bounce:

Comment

i`d wait for the fx5900 to come out... it`s faster, better and has more features depending on who makes the card... true... the fx5800 was a failure... it was slower than the rad9800 and the sound it makes is just unbearable if you are used to a quiet environment... and i`m sure most of us are... though the idea was not at all bad, it lacked practice... it may perform well in theory, but practically...
          i myself am waiting for the fx5900... let`s just hope nvidia doesn`t make the same mistake twice...:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
            the two cards are nearly identical in performance, so just pick a manufacture that has added the features you want and go for it
            lol, i just finshed reading an article on these two cards...the 9800 really does out-perform the 5800 buy a good bit

Comment

if u like the sound VVVVVVOOOOOOOOOMMMM, then i suggest u waste ur money on a Ferrari.
              A close friend of mine, who works at a reseller, wanted to show me the fx5800 which arrived a couple weeks before to the store....
              Man, it was nasty, really not bearable when fully loaded :thumbs do

Comment

if u dont mind the wait.. then wait..

ok, lemme re-phrase that..

If you are not in NEED of a high end, not to mention, expensive video card, then you have nothing to lose from waiting..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MizuChi
                    i`d wait for the fx5900 to come out... it`s faster, better and has more features depending on who makes the card... true... the fx5800 was a failure... it was slower than the rad9800 and the sound it makes is just unbearable if you are used to a quiet environment... and i`m sure most of us are... though the idea was not at all bad, it lacked practice... it may perform well in theory, but practically...
                    i myself am waiting for the fx5900... let`s just hope nvidia doesn`t make the same mistake twice...:thumb:
                    By all the reviews and tests that are to be found around the web Nvidia really seem to have done it this time.. Check out the review here on TT for example.. It's quite a bit faster than the 9800 Pro in most benches..

The review can be found here.

Comment

Working...
                    X