No announcement yet.

Radeon 9700 Pro help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did take someone's advice and I disconnected everything from the power supply except for the absolute essentials, and it didn't make any difference. I'm not saying that makes me sure it isn't the power supply, but it does mean I'm going to exchange the card before I get a new PSU. Anyway I might build my own computer soon, I'd just rather have this thing work now.

Comment

I have 300W Enermax PSU and everything works fine! (check my sig) :thumb: :) :)

Comment

Yeah but enermax is quality and their voltages are almost right on, I think his card is defective

Comment

I doubt it's power. You'd still get a signal but your card would be unstable if it was power or dirty voltage.

It's not the hard drive because there's absolutely no relationship between video signal and hard drive.

It could be that your motherboard doesn't support the newer 0.8v AGP cards, if it's an older motherboard (especially VIA) this is often the case. Do a google on your motherboard name along with "AGP problem" for research.

The card could be faulty, in which case take it back to place of purchase and get them to demonstrate it to you on another machine.
          My Machine

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.

I returned the card and got a new one and it is the same problem. So now I am sure it is my motherboard. It is indeed a Via board and they have too many other problems for me to want one anymore. I'm getting the new system I've wanted for a long time. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X