Radeon 9700 Pro help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9700 Pro help

I've got a very strange problem with my new Radeon 9700 pro.

I installed the card making sure I did everything right, but when I try to boot up my system, it's got power to everything including the card, but my monitor tells me there is no input signal. The monitor cables are connected just fine, the monitor is on the right input, but nothing on the screen. Also, interestingly, I hear no beeps coming from the computer like it ususally would on start up. I figured this could be a hard drive problem, but I connected the power cable to the hard drive just like in the instruction. Does anyone have a clue what this could be? Here are the important parts of my machine:

P4 1.4 processor
    PC400 Motherboard (Via based chipset)
    Sony flatpanel monitor

Any help would be great. Thanks!

:confused:

Have you plugged in the extra power connector the Radeon 9700 Pro requires?

Comment

Yeah, all that is plugged in. Just as an update, I connected my old video card and everything worked fine again. I have a 300 watt power supply, but could it still not be good enough? I'm pretty sure it is the hard drive which isn't working right with the card, but it makes no sense why not. Could I just have a faulty card?

Comment

You could of grounded it when trying to install it and ruined it anything is possible

Comment

Well the fan is at least spinning on the card so I'm thinking it must be a power problem. Could I just have a really crappy 300W supply? Is there any way to find out?

Comment

are you sure your mobo supports AGP4x or AGP 8x (it does not run AGP 2x) ...b/c your system seems old the power would work but it wont read, thats prolly the problem

Comment

Yeah the mobo supports 4x AGP, so that isn't the problem.

Comment

then i have no clue

Comment

Thanks anyway

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

If you want to see if it is a power problem, then disconnect everything but the mobo, video card, and floppy drive. Then try and boot up. If it works, then its you powerbox thats screwing you. Remember, CCL eat up a lot of juice(drink, really) so if u have any, that could be why. Also, consider touching the card AND case while at the same time touching the metal lining on a window. This once solved my no-boot problem.
                    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I've decided it must be a defective card because it just won't work no matter what I do. Thanks again.

Comment

Can you return it for an exchange ? I'd try that.
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

to have a Radeon 9700Pro perform good you need atleast a 400w PSU...maybe that should solve your problem (or a part of it)

:cheers:

Comment

A friend of mine has a 9700 Pro and he only has a 300W PSU, and it works fine.:shrug:
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

like i said part of it.. depends on what other peripherals hes using that suck power away from the card... best get a stronger PSU than needed (not saying this is an option for you).. ya never know what upgrade your doing next..

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X