GeForce FX 5200, is it good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce FX 5200, is it good?

OK, I want a 8x card, nothing special. I hardly play games.
    I found this and it retails for 99bux, so I can get it at 70or so. but is it worth it? its got 128MB DDR, dual head out and its a 8x. The last two is why I am interested in it.
    I guess I just dont want to dish out the $ for the 9700pro.
    anyway, is it worth 70bux?
    here's the link
    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...575&pfp=SEARCH

:bounce:

Performance is comparable to a Geforce 4 MX 440, it does have support for DirectX9.0 features which is a plus but it runs then at close to unplayable low frame rates. Not worth the money in my books. Radeon 9000 Pro or 9100 is around the same price if not cheaper and will outperform it in current games by a fair margin.
    And for those nvidia die-hards (nvidiots :laugh: saw that on forum somewhere ) out there i used 9000 Pro and not the non-Pro cause the pro is around the same price as the FX 5200. I'm not a fan of either company i just take a card on its merits and ati cards are better performing currently. You can wait to see what nvidia comes out wif with the next series of cards when after the NV35 comes out, but if you want a card now stay away from the FX series. :spam:

Comment

suxorz, as I got myself a 440 already :rolleyes:
      ahh well, there is a 9700Pro out there with my name all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
        OK, I want a 8x card, nothing special. I hardly play games.
        Then why would ya spend the amount of money a 9700pro card costs..:?:
        After all it's not exactly cheap..

:cheers:

Comment

GeForce FX 5200, is it good? It's good at being the slowest DX9 vid card that ya ever likely to see (only the Ultra version shown below but it is a bit quicker than the stock version) but what about an R9500P/R9600P?
          But I'm quite happy w/ my 8xAGP 128MB Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 VIVO's though.

Comment

And DX9 is of no value to me (still waitin' for all those DX8 titles yet) in the forseeable future. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
              Then why would ya spend the amount of money a 9700pro card costs..:?:
              After all it's not exactly cheap..

:cheers:
              9700Pro costs me aroud 130-150, so its not that much more. I got crazy hookup fromt the boss! :thumb:

Comment

goiddamn wut do you do?

Comment

Me? tech at local compusa :D
                  We get everything at cost, and supercheap (like 8500LE for 20bux) if its a returned item. :D
                  Also, since I work waaay too much, my boss likes me and she knocks down off the cost prices sometimes :eek:
                  So I'm a happy camper!
                  Oh yeah, my job kicks ass!

Comment

sounds like your boss more than likes you.... (nudge nudge wink wink)

Comment

my boss gives these deals to everyone, but since were the techs, we get a little better prices than the rest. You know, gotta take care of your own first. We also get the first pick! :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                      X