No announcement yet.

Geforce 4 - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked the gamespot review last night and they say that the gf4 ti 4200 won't be released until april... another waiting game oh well. i guess i'll have to wait a few more months for Max Payne to look great :shoot3:

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
      I think ill get one...
      then again, i said that when the gf2 and the gf3 was released...
      still, wishful thinking never hurt anyone...

I only wonder what ATi have up their sleeve....
      Monday, January 14, 2002

ATI R300 details out - 1:01 pm EST - MrB
      Here's the latest rumours provided by Fudo at The Inquirer. Nothing new IMO except their opinion that'll it will take nvidia's nv25 big time.

ATI WILL TAKE Nvidia on big time by introducing an R300 that will have DirectX 9 support.
      The card is an NV25 killer while ATI's lower market model the RV 250 which many assumed to be an NV17 killer now has large speed advantages over Nvidia's offering.
      While clock speeds are still under waraps, the RV250 will be spawned from the R200, currently branded as the Radeon 8500.

Whle Nvidia is readying its cards for launch in the next fortnight or so, as revealed on Friday, it is still to finish its work to take advantage of DirectX 9.

Samples of the R300 will go to ATI partners in the next two weeks and R&D teams are preparing their card designs.

sounds like impressive hardware - but hardware has never been a problem with ATi - it's just delivering bug free drivers that take advantage of the hardwares capabilities

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6
        Hey, RDR if the geforce 4 is supposed to sell at 9 US what do you think that will be in Canadian currency... I'm not good at making monetary conversions and what not... : party ha
        you're probably looking at $300-325 cdn to start with - prices ususally start to drop shortly after the initail release

I've read on a few sites though, that nVidia hasn't fully decided whether the Ti4200 will be a go or not

I guess the $199US price tag is too close to the $179US high end MX model - I can see their point - It's all about making $$$'s
        Who would buy an MX for 179 If you can get a Ti4200 for 199?

If it does get released you can bet it will be the last in the family of 6 to see daylight :(

Comment

Originally posted by MySTiCuSS
          I hope it will drop! Maybe go for a geforce 3 ti500
          appearantly the GF3's are supposed to disappear from store shelves as soon as the GF4 family start's to ship - I can see why - If they're trying to cover the whole range of PC users with their 6 cards - they don't want some cut-rate GF3's (which are technically superior to the GF4MX series) hanging around to hinder sales.

Comment

Did you guys seen those swanky looking heatsinks on the new
            Gf4 cards ??/ Im excited !!

Comment

yeah gf4mx is pretty disapointing, although insanely fast (beating a gf3 ti200 in the MX460 model) for a souped up GF2

The gf4ti is what Im after

Comment

I yearn for the day ATi release the 'Golden' Drivers. ie- ones that work.

Current-day Raedons are pretty good, just horrible drivers.

Lets hope ATi are aware of this.

Comment

Uhh, wtf?

The GF4 Ti4600 will hit markets at $399..........
                  http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeri...t=521&scat=522

Thats about $650 canadian

Comment

And ATI's got nothin..... If they weren't way behind in the race, they wouldn't have released their 8500 EIGHT months after the GF3... a card that TIED (and LOST at high res) to NVidia's 8 month old technology.....

I'm glad ATI is hanging in there, but They can't compete with this...

Hehe have you seen NVidia's new slogan???

Every Pixel; Every Platform

Comment

Maybe I will buy a geforce 4!

Comment

When you say that GF3 wont be on selves, does that mean they will go up or down in price, i was kinda hoping that i could pick up a cheap gf3 Ti 200 cus the GF4 mx dont look that gd.....

Comment

Since detailed specs of the Ti4200 haven't really been released yet, I'm guessing nVidia would be making them just a tad slower than GF3 Ti500s. No point having intra-company product rivalry.

We'll have to wait and see....
                          Onyx

TweakTown
                          OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                          CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Working...
                          X