Ti vs R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti vs R?

i got option of getting either ti4600 or radeon 9700pro.
    whats the difference/advantage of one over the other?

i've found this post, but it says nothing about why its better
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...ight=4600+9700

You must be joking right...everyone knows that the radeon owns all of nvidas cards from ti and down even the fx so get the radeon 9700 pro hands down...:eek: :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by 0R1()N
      You must be joking right...everyone knows that the radeon owns all of nvidas cards from ti and down even the fx so get the radeon 9700 pro hands down...:eek: :thumb:
      not everyone, as i still have my TNT2!!!
      but it seems that money is no object, so WHY is the R so much better?? Or why is TI so bad?
      are we talking 3dmark scores? or is the performance truely lacking?

Comment

ok, the 9700 Pro, when released, was beating the GF4 range by at least 25% performance. The FX has only just managed to scrape up to par with the 9700. So, the 9700 will outperform the GF4 by a fair margin.

I saw those lovely words "money is no object". Either go for a 9800 Pro, or get a 9700 Pro / 9800 Pro All in Wonder. :)

Comment

re "money is no object" thing.
          you should read it as - I will get it for less than 1/4 of the price. But it will be one of those deals that my manager is going to hook me up when i work off-the-clock for an evening. :thumb:
          I just need a good 8X card for the future setup, so dont really need a 9800.
          Ti will do, but since the price I am going to pay for it stays the same regardless if its Ti4600 or 9700pro, so I'm just wondering which one is better.
          thanks for the help:cheers:

Comment

I'm not sure if this will help you, but, I have friends with both cards, and I'm going to buy an AIW9700Pro for myself.:2cents:
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Well the radeon 9700 pro is direct x9.0 compatible(ti series is not) and as beefy said is roughly %25 more powerfull and the picture quality is better as well. So 9700 pro all the way mate:thumb:

Comment

Sup evolv !:smokin: what goin on? neways I have confesstion....the only reason I knew about the 9700 beating the ti series was because of the mags i read so I was in the dark about it too, so don't fell bad kane....I think ati has finnaly goten its act together. VVVVV

First ti killer: 9700. then it beats fx too...Now the 9800 is out...that will most likey insure ati dominace for a couple of months so if you went with the 9800 you will most certianly be the" king" of graphics power for a while....but beware nvida for i see something up their sleve.:idea: :eek: :cry:

Comment

Working...
                X