Banshee support running xp pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banshee support running xp pro?

I just found an old Pixelview Voodoo Banshee Agp with 16 mb of ram. I was wondering if I could get it to run proper under xp pro with the win 2k driver that is avalible on the web? Anyone tryed this..:?:

It would be great for my old P2 which is currently running a 3d rage 4 mb card, no gaming there.. :(

/Thx

:cheers:

you think a 16mb gfx card will do ANY gaming, and try it, what is the worst taht cna happen, you waste some time but you gain some knowledge

Comment

Hey, don't be so harsh. In an older machine, those cards work wonders. If you haven't got anything helpful to add to the topic, then don't.

Unfortunately, I think the only way you are going to find out if that will work or not is to try it and see. There's a chance that XP will identify the card and have drivers for it anyway. Good luck, and I hope it works.

Comment

"...and try it, what is the worst taht cna happen, you waste some time but you gain some knowledge"
        as in the same thing you said...

Comment

i know that some of the older ati cards *cough* Ati rage fury MAxx 64mb does not work with xp but i do have my old tnt ultra 32mb running great on my other pc on windows xp. I have no doupts that the card will not run cause i can say that chances are very high that it will just not very well as refresh rate willl be way down and stuff but you can always try GL :cheers:

Comment

Ok thank ya all for the info, I will try it out today.

Comment

Well, I'm happy cause it's running sweet! This machine is perfect for my adventure games..

I'm currently trying to solve "The Watchmaker"

:cheers:

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Do a google search for voodoo video drivers. There are drivers that have been written (perhaps 3rd party) for card that run XP.

Comment

Working...
                  X