Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon Pro or without Pro

Hi,

Could someone tell me what is the difference between the Pro and non-Pro versions of any ATI video cards? I'm getting confused and it seems thaey offer the same clock speeds. If someone could help me with this, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Johnny.

which Radeon are we talking about 9700, 9500 or 9000? (9800, 9600, 9200?) - pro can mean something different for each of them

Comment

Thanks for your reply. As I'm low on budget, I am interested in the 9500 and the 9500 Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

ATIs website only lists the differences between the standard and pro like this
        performance------------pro-----------------standard card
        enhanced standard

take that for what its worth or get the full spec. sheets from ati and compaire them. of course you could always ask ati.

Comment

there is a signigicant difference between the np & pro versions of the 9500 series
          out of the box - the 9500np has only 4 functioning pipelines in the GPU whereas the 9500pro has 8 - so it has twice the effective fill rate
          In some cases the functioning pipelines can be increased from 4 to 8 on the np through a software (or hardware) mod - but it's not guarenteed
          .....so if you want to use the card as is, the 9500pro is vastly superior:2cents:
          it's also superior to the 9600pro as well without taking OC-ability into account:D

Comment

Thanks for your reply RDR. I'll probably go for the 9500 Pro.

Comment

Working...
            X