Computer i'm working on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer i'm working on...

Hey... i'm currently working on a new computer, well i say new, i got the case and i'm just gonna fill it,

The parts:

- Pentium 4 2.8GHz 512kb 533MHz s478 CPU
    - Asus p4g8x e7205 chipset dual channel ddr 533FSB 3GHz SATA 1394 AGP8
    - Soundblaster audigy platinum 2
    - Creative labs 6.1 6700 speakers
    - CRT VM pro 512 NF diamondtron .022dp 140KHz 22"
    - DUAL 512Mb PC2700 DDR Memory (1024mb altogether)
    - nVidia Geforce FX
    - 160Gb Maxtor Plus 9 ATA-133 (7200rpm, 8MB Cache, 8ms) Quiet Drive Technology 3yr

What do you think... i have the microsoft optical mouse and so on already :)

i would like to know some of your opinions.

thanks

-BonseR

I'm an AMD fan myself, but it looks pretty good and speedy...wish I had enough money laying aroung for a gforce fx...

Comment

i heard there gonna be around £270... or $300. i'm sure they'll drop down by the end of march... they come out at the end of february dont they?

-BonseR

Comment

they go on sale march 10...take a look under tweaktowns homepage, under "...latest news..." I figured with all the hype that card has gotten, it would be more like $400

Comment

-i erased this message because apparently i can't read- =)

Comment

well that sucks, i wouldnt pay that much i'd rather get a basic nvidia geforce 4 ti4600 and overclock it bigtime, to make it like... AMAZING!!! with a wikid heat sink... not a bad idea actually.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
              -i erased this message because apparently i can't read- =)
              LMAO :p yeah thats about 270, there 128Mb DDR2 though, whats the diference from DDR to DDR2? can you explain, lol.

Comment

I'm going to stick with my ti 4200 for now...i've only had it a few months and haven't even overclocked it yet, don't ask me why not, i guess i just havn't gotten around to it yet

Comment

me too, but i only got a ATI Radeon 8500... not the best of card but it'll do... for abit.

Comment

not sure what the difference is, i read an article or two about it somewhere, but i've forgoten

Comment

how come you havent overclocked your processor? not a o/c freak?

Comment

I am, but i just havn't gotten around to it, i've been pretty busy and I've had some major comp disaaters lately...one including a psu that took 2 motherboards, 1 cpu, and 1 stick of 512 PC2100 with it, so maybe i'm just a little more cautious than i was

Comment

don't get me wrong, I WILL oc just about everything again at some point, but it may be another month or two

Comment

lmao, poor you, bet that cost ya about $500 to repair, if it's all good... sorry to hear bout it though, lol... i think i'll get some heat sinks at the ready... like a freezer or somethin ;)

Comment

DDR 2 specifications: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=3038

Don't take that at face value since the ram hasn't been released yet, but it's an early "estimation" anyway :) for whoever asked earlier I forget

Comment

Working...
                              X