want to overclock i5-2500k / asRock p67 extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to overclock i5-2500k / asRock p67 extreme 4

First off thank you in advance to anyone who replies, any and all help is much appreciated. I recently got a great deal on a new gfx card because of some rewards points and upgraded my gtx 670 to a gtx 1070 and now I fear I'm not able to fully utilitze the new card and the cpu is possibly bottle necking it. I plan to upgrade the mobo and cpu one day but as of now I would like to over clock it to see if it helps but at the same time not going to the extreme and burning it out or shortening the life of the cpu. I have read around and researched and saw people " safely " OC the i5-2500k to 4.6-4.8 ghz but I'm not sure I want to go that high, I'm thinking 4.0-4.2ghz for a start. I have literally never attempted to overclock anything but am somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to hardware and hope with a little help I can get it there. From what I have seen the asrock p67 extreme 4 has an auto overclock feature but it's best to stay away from it because of the variable voltage so I didn't know if any of you would be willing to help me out. If someone does and it's allowed to take a convo from the forum to a discord for example and if that would be easier to get this accomplished I'm willing to do that as well. I'll post sys specs and again thanks for any help in advance.

asRock p67 extreme 4 motherboard
    Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3 ghz
    16gb DDR3 ram @ 1600 mhz
    Geforce GTX 1070 with 8gb of gDDR5
Working...
X