• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help in overclocking my 1.6 with SiS 735 chipset

:no:

i cant seem to be able to overclock it
    dont know where to start or anything
    can someone go step by step with me on how to do this?
    id read the guide TT has on overclocking amd but the guide doesnt apply to mine
    can anyone help me?

It's likely that your current BIOS doesn't support the limited overclockin' available but if you feel up to flashing the BIOS then here is probably one of the 1st places that I'd go for the BIOS file that you'd need. I'd go thru that whole thread 1st then maybe look at few more there to see if there are any issues with them but that place would have to have the most complete info on that motherboard and chipset. ;)

Good Luck :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:no:
      whats flashing the bios?

Comment

Then read this guide on Updating/Flashing BIOS and if you don't go much on that and can't find someone to do it for you then you could always mod the bridges on the CPU to change it's specs' hard coding and if I find a "how-to" guide to better show that whole technique I'll post it here for ya (you can play with that interactive guide to show the different sets of multiplier and voltage bridge combinations to achieve different overclocks). ;)

Be warned though that both practices have the probability to destroy the part that ya workin' on. : peace2:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The BIOS is the inatial thing that gives your computer instructions on how to boot and run, when you flash it you normally update it to ad stabilaty and updates and more features.

[edit: you beat me wiggo, i have to learn how to type quicker :geek: ]

Comment

Working...
          X