Memory questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory questions

i was wondering if some one could clearify some memory questions i have. In my BIOS i found several settigs that relate to my memory (i have pc-133 CL-3). these options include: (and what my memory is set to)
    CAS Latency -3
    RAS to CAS Delay -3
    RAS Precharge Delay -3
    Active Precharge Delay -6

what do these valuse mean?, will my system die if i move them down to 2? im not sure the quality of the ram( im sure it's not Corsair some other reputable company). Any info/ web site that could help would be great. thanks

Here's an excellent site on those matters;
    http://www.rojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz...uide_Index.htm

In particular you are looking for this page I believe;
    http://www.rojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz..._Guide_02a.htm

The short answer is you could give CAS 2 a try, but if you notice any programs or anything locking or going goofy set your latency back to 3.

I wouldn't reccomend doing anything sensitive, like your taxes or payroll during the testing period

With the low cost of SDRAM you could probably get some CAS 2 modules quite cheap too.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

thanks for the help, that site answerd everything

Comment

You are welcome.
        I highly suggest you add that guide to your Favorites - in the past it has been updated frequently and I assume will be again as technology requires.

It is an excellent resource for tweakers.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

hey mr.c that is a great site...thanks for the link!!!! :thumb:

Comment

He has some very good guides there. :thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X