Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i5 2500k, Z77X-d3h (v 1.0)

Originally posted by Xtinction View Post
    Hey binman, I was wondering if your solution (buy new ram) has kept working for you. I'm experiencing similar issues.

Jaap
    Hi Jaap.

The new RAM did help for about 2 weeks then it started to double post from sleep. I don't think the i5 2500k and this board like each other when trying to OC. Running at stocked setting for a while. No problems. I've not tried the latest BIOS yet, might give it a go. It would be nice to find out why these setting wont stick.

I wouldn't by new RAM.

Regards.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the update :). I'm beginning to give up on this motherboard, but having googled alternatives and the words "boot loop" doenst make me hopeful. I think I'm just gonna live with it. What is miss most is "sleep", it's just better for the environment to sleep my pc when i'm gonna be away for 20 minutes, but somehow switching it off seems like a much bigger step...

Comment

I think the only way to correct the error is to put in a Ivybridge CPU.
        I'll flash the latest bios and report back. I'll use the setting posted here. OS Windows 8.1

Regards to waking from sleep. I use a SSD for my O.S. So resuming from sleep is only a second or so quicker than a cold start.

It's only a problem when I OC with this MB. Reboots and double posting.

Very annoying

Regards

Comment

Are you using the quickboot function to boot up so quick? Booting still takes me about 20-30 seconds in total, resuming from sleep takes about 1-2 seconds(when it works :D ). I'm already waiting like 5 seconds for a POST, about 3 seconds in the windows loading screen, then another 10 starting up steam (the only thing that lives on an HDD, not an SSD), let alone the time to reload all the things I was doing before the shutdown. It's an effort....

And same for me, on stock it's all fine, but thats not why I bought this old processor.

Originally posted by room101 View Post
          I think the only way to correct the error is to put in a Ivybridge CPU.
          I'll flash the latest bios and report back. I'll use the setting posted here. OS Windows 8.1

Regards to waking from sleep. I use a SSD for my O.S. So resuming from sleep is only a second or so quicker than a cold start.

It's only a problem when I OC with this MB. Reboots and double posting.

Very annoying

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X