Memory voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory voltage

I have DDR2100 RAM and I was wondering what a safe voltage is and if it will increase my OC potenial or give me more stability, I don't wanna fry my RAM however ...

Corsair recommends never exceeding 2.8v.
    2.7v should provide a margin of safety.

Comment

Usually if you raise the voltage to 2.6 you will usually gain alot more stability...

Comment

If it happends to be too much , how does it respond ? If your processor overheats you get lockups and crashes. Will the RAM do the same or will it just cook itself and let you know about it later

Comment

If you move it up in small increments, the box should get flaky (BSOD, random reboot,etc.) before it cooks the ram.

Comment

I personally use a vDIMM of 2.70v. Seems to respond better.

bigjackusa is right. If you move it up slowly, you'll see noticeable signs that your memory is becoming unstable. Most of what I saw were errors at windows bootup.
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
            X