Myth#1-Myth#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth#1-Myth#2

#1: you need system tray running.Conclusion:I've disabled systray from day1 with no consequences.#2:you cant overclock a "store bought"-"prefab"-"overpriced"-"mass produced" computer.Conclusion:I've overclocked my emachine from 533mhz to 581mhz using CPUFSB.ORDER=Assimilate this information.

:) Do you have a link for your file reference? I have an old Compaq with a 566 celeron that I don't mind blowing up if it fails.

:cool:

Comment

Hey drpeterbright I dont know how to do links,or other non gaming related functions but go to the website www.podien.de then look for the "finding PLL link" also in my case at least disregard the motherboard/mainboard selections in CPUfsb or CPUcool pragrams and just select the PLL.In addition I noticed my PLL wasnt and exact match to the ones selectable, the letters were left out:Mine=9250bf-10 Closest one in program=9250-10a but it worked!Some food for thought Good Luck. What the heck?This thing made a link automatically,neato, I was unaware of this function.

Comment

:) Thanks for the link. I'm downloading it now. :)

Comment

Most of us know that store bought computer can be overclocked, I overclocked a compaq with an AMD K6-3 450 to 550. And it worked fairly well.... for a year, and then became completely unstable and stopped booting at all.

Comment

Almost any socket7 mobo has the required jumpers and/or switches for some good crude overclocking, some even had reasonable BIOS's to worth with too. ;)
            Slot 1 and Socket 370 Intel enabled "plug and play" so that a lot of them just automatically detected the CPU and set them accordingly. :(
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I guess overclocking means you get more speed but you dramatically shorten the life of the cpu. A case of durability vs. performance....:)

Comment

Originally posted by FaithSmiles
                I guess overclocking means you get more speed but you dramatically shorten the life of the cpu. A case of durability vs. performance....:)
                in that case... can anyone tell me how much life thereĀ“s left in my Duron? (see signature):confused:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                  FaithSmiles[/size]]
                  It can "dramatically shorten the life of the cpu" in extreme cases but if it's a sensible overclock then the difference is negligible.
                  What sort did you pick? :?:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                  X