No announcement yet.

Overclock a 4600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And is it better to apply the new speed settings at startup before a benchmark than applying them in windows? Does it matter?

Comment

The cards aren't always clocked perfectly. My card was clocked at 300 core and 648 mem. I think the speeds you're showing are right. With the 2.8ns mem, it should be capable of around 700MHz out of the box, since that's what it is rated for.
      That other question you have, I'm not sure. It might give a few points. You'll just have to test it both ways. But first find a stable o/c while in windows before setting it to load those speeds at boot.

Hope it works for ya :thumb:

Comment

I finally have a screenshot to show my score o/c'ing my vid card. It was really cool in my room, so I was able to get it higher.

I got it clocked to 327.4/742.5. I'm very happy with this card.:D

This is the score without o/c'ing anything else but the vid card.

Comment

Ez 12k with the CPU o/c'ed...gj man:thumb:
          - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
            Ez 12k with the CPU o/c'ed...gj man:thumb:
            Thanks alot Flaco.:cool:

I had to be extremely patient with it, it can get real boring just waiting to see if 3DMark finishes after each change.

Comment

Sounds good, i think i will use my big 80mm Zalman fan to blow cool air on the backside of the vid card when i oc it. Maybe that will help me to get it stable at higher speeds...

:flames:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                Sounds good, i think i will use my big 80mm Zalman fan to blow cool air on the backside of the vid card when i oc it. Maybe that will help me to get it stable at higher speeds...

:flames:
                I do have a card cooler with two 80mm fans blowing across the vid card. It probably does help to have something blowing fresh air across that area.

G/L man

:cheers:

Comment

pcmkr One thing I've tried is to uncheck all of the tests except one (like game 4), run the benchmark and check your score for that one test by going into details. I can even watch the tests & see if it's faster and abort within 15 seconds of the start. This really saves time.

:cool:

Comment

Thanks drpeterbright! I didn't even think of that That should save me some time, lol :laugh:

Nature is probably one of the more stressful tests.

:wave:

Comment

WiGGo how do install NvHardpage after i open the zip file?
                      - Damien

Comment

I just have a quick question, with my Epox 4g4a+ i was only able to run 3d mark upto 150 FSB, anything over 150 dumps me out of 3d mark. SOOOOO I sent back the epox and my samsung pc2700 and got Abit IT7 & Corsair pc3200 (woot). But the question is was I getting kicked out of 3d mark due to CPU throttling or what???

BTW: the ABIT mobo is gonna be here tommorow, 2.8-3 gigs here I come. I'll post some pics when i get it.

Comment

FLACO After you unzip just double click on the NVHardPage.exe file.

Comment

I did peter but it just runs in the back ground and i can't a hold of any of the tweaks. I installed RivaTuner instead but take a look at the "30.30 is out" thread.
                            - Damien

Comment

I know they say RIVA doesn't support drivers that high but I've tried it up to 30.82's. I've never got it to beat GU Tweak with any driver anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
                                I know they say RIVA doesn't support drivers that high but I've tried it up to 30.82's. I've never got it to beat GU Tweak with any driver anyway.
                                drpeterbright where can I get GU Tweak? I wanna try that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X