No announcement yet.

Project: overclock a compaq computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i'm at the lower end of that range, anyway the model number on the case is Compaq Presario 5460 i dunno if this helps at all but the Compaq SKU:152508-004 and Compaq Serial Number: 3D99CT9GG2JC, I have still been trying different combinations and i found another way to get 476 mhz but i cant seem to find a combo to get me higher, although I haved managed to get it to an amzingly low 205 Mhz.:thumb: I'll keep trying

Comment

Ok I hope these links work for ya so here goes.
      This first one is for switch 1, http://www.compaq.com/athome/support.../ty10jmpr.html
      And this is for switch 2, http://www.compaq.com/athome/support...ty10jmpr1.html
      Hope that get's ya back on track if not a little higher but remember that K6-2 cpu's run hot so if ya can't get to far it could be that ya need a better HSF. I run socket A HSF's on my No.1 and No.4 PC's in sig. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That is one of the most user friendly guides i have seen..nice job with the links WiG.:thumb:
        - Damien

Comment

Yeah they're ok for the Socket 7 ones. ;)

Comment

Thanks for the links they are going to be very helpful now would u happen to now whats the max V that i can set for for it?

Comment

You'll probably find that your's is a 2.4v job but have heard of 2.6v being used but if ya got one of those puny SS7 HSF's on top then 2.5v would be about all that it may handle. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

To mjrDink I have an emachine 533 celeron that I overclocked to 581 using CPUcool or CPUfsb they both work.I have a trigem motherboard which is probably the cheapest motherboard ever created.I noticed that my PLL was 9250 bf10,the closest I could find in CPUcool was 9250 10A and it worked! So if an emachine can be overclocked I would guess a compaq being higher quality could be too.Also if it works make sure to set tray frequency on startup/shutdown to the desired overclock.

Comment

Working...
                X