• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick amd oc question

:shoot3: :shoot2:

Hello Crew,

Quick question??

I have now managed to get my cpu temp down to 30'c at 800mhz
    My case temp is now 18-19'c depending on the weather.

So, i wanna increase my cpu speed (as much as pos)

The fsb is set at 133mhz at the mo but i wanna get it to 140-150.
    Once i have joined up the laser cut lines onto of the cpu, i no i will be able to overclock it .... ! but how exactly do you change the fsb, i can get it to 133 via bios and i no how to change the multiplier settings in bios, but i am just not sure how to change the fsb up to high mhz.

At a guess i would say its by the jumper switches on thje mobo. but am not to sure and dont want to break stuff.

Any tips hints or past experiences would be much appeiciated.

I am aiming for 1.5ghz, is this possible with a 800mhz amd duron

W.O.R.D
    Dazza B

So you've connected the L1 bridges then? Now details of your motherboard is the next thing and do you have a manual for it? A lot will depend on what adjustments are available to you (if multiplier adjustment is there at all). Also don't expect much more than 1GHz out of that poor old Duron as I remember 1080MHz was the best I could ever get out of one short of goin' into extreme cooling measures but around the 1GHz, give or take a few MHz, was the norm. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

it is a sloteck, not sure which one, i will have to find the manual, i think i may get a new processor as i have got my duron up to 910mhz before just using the multiplier settings in bios. Can you recomend a good cpu, i am thinkin xp 1800+ perhaps

i ran soft fsb and it made no difference at all to the clock speed

:bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

An Athlon XP maybe out of the question for you without knowing what your motherboard is. Look at the motherboard itself usually helps as most have the brand, model and revision screen printed on them. :smokin:

Comment

i would look at it now but i am working !!!! :hammer:

The mobo is quite old (bout a 8 months) and was quite cheap.

it has a grean heatsink on the chipset and blue boxes with the jumper switches on, 3 ram slots, 5 pci slots, (not that that helps)

its a KT-????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think a new mobo is needed to ..... !

:snip: :shoot2:

Comment

Well I'm off to hit the sack now so when ya get the details just post them and I'll check them in the morning if someone else doesn't get in first. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dazza b

its a KT-????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think a new mobo is needed to ..... !

:snip: :shoot2:
              the earlier Athlon motherboards with the orig KT133 chipset did not OC to high fsb's real well
              the best bet is to increase the mult. (if you can) either through Bios or jumper setting - to the highest possible and then see if you can increase the FSB - sometimes even 104 or 105MHz wasn't stable.
              If it's a KT133a or later (KT266/266a or 333 if it's a DDR board), you should have much better luck - assuming the OC'ing options are available on that particular MB.

Comment

yea i tihnk most kt133's had trouble o/c fsb more than 5-10

Comment

just checked and its a solteck SL-75KAV

Comment

Ok that's a KT133A board and has support for FSB, multiplier, Vcore and memory voltage adjustments so ya should be able to get the most from it. :thumb:

Comment

its got jumpers for the fsb and multiplier .... fsb currently set at 200mhz and multiplier at 8. so with the cpu unlocked i can increase the fsb and multiplier via the jumpers. ?????

what can i expect to get mhz wise out of this set up

(you seen the pics of me case per chance)

Comment

I'd lower the multiplier to 7/7.5 and raise the FSB to 133MHz (266MHz data rate) and go from there but my 1st post still stands with what ya'll get from it. ;)

Comment

fair enough, so will the athlon xp go into this mobo

Comment

No not accordin' there website only Durons and T'birds. :(

Comment

i will get me self a t bird then.

I sorted my power problems so ican now turn the pc on but the cd and cdr are still playin up, bios picks them up and there is plenty of power goin to them but i click on the shortcut of type run d:/e: and its says the path is not avalible and may have moved or is on a network etc .,... any ideas

Comment

Working...
                              X