Quick amd oc question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers boss.

i just noticed something, the 3.3v value on my via hwmonitor is running at 0.30v ?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this may be the source of all my problems ????

what is the voltage used for and what is the value meant to be

Comment

Yes that's well out of the +\-5% tolerance and it's used for the CPU and memory mainly. :eek:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

so a new power pack should sort that out ?????

could this be affecting my cd cdr at all

Comment

Yes it's very possible as if one voltage rail is saggin' then it will effect the other two as well if not in proper voltage then certainly the wattage that those rails are carryin' and those other two are used by the drives. :smokin:

Comment

know ya stuff dont ya boss !!!!

So all could be solved with a new psu then !!!!!

www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk here i come !!!!!!

what time is it in australia coz u seem to be the only person in here

Comment

It could all be fixed with a better PSU and it's 11.35pm here atm though lately I seem to be the only one around most of the time but then I'm retired. ;)

Comment

ahhh coz its 2:45 pm here. i am working "really hard" atm.

over 10k posts ........ must like moddin ya comp

Comment

I don't do a lot of moddin' but I do assemble PC's often enough to know that to have someone satisfied and happy with their new PC then I make sure that only quality parts are used that are well up to the task of deliverin' more than is required and that way if something else is added to that system later it can cope with that. :smokin:

Comment

oh .... i have been messin with me comp 4 bout 2 yrs so i know my way around but just dont know some of the more techy stuff..... i really want to learn more about electrics etc ... do u know of any sites which teach this kinda thing

Comment

This site, http://www.pcguide.com/topic.html , is gettin' a little dated in some parts but the fellow does try and update as much as he can when possible but if ya can get thru that ya'll have a pretty fair understandin' of most of what goes on. Also I use this page, http://users.erols.com/chare/hardware.htm , a lot for quickley findin' most of what I'm lookin' for at times (as well as seein' what's goin' on). ;)

Comment

nice one boss, i will have to have a look around them and hopefully will learn something

Comment

lol dun mess with wiggo (aka boss)..he knows too much:D

Comment

yeah lol :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                            X