fried network :-\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fried network :-\

i was overclockin my system and when i got to about 131 fsb, windows came on and both my pci devices were down :( i got them both reinstalled and they both worked for a while (sound card and netgear NIC).. i clocked it back down to 111 for a while, then tried to step it back up... when i put in 112 it started with no internet :( the NIC is in the device manager and seems to b workin... the lights on it are blinkin and everything.. but the data and pc light on the modem were not blinking... i've tried switchin pci slots and everything...i even put another net card in but it's lights werent' blinkin at all... i just don't know :(

too much bong smoke in ya system?? ;)

umm... checked the drivers?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Always blame software first. Especially if it's MS.
      Onyx

TweakTown
      OCAU - Overclockers Australia
      CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

I think your PCI bis is way too high for your network!

Comment

yeah yeah... i messed with the software and formatted and reinstalled... still nothing... i'm convinced i fried either the network card or the modem (if it's possible to fry an external modem :-\)... i know the pci slot still works... and yes this system has had quite a bit of bong smoke filtered thru it :devil:

Comment

Have you tried swapping the modem for a known working one just to see if it is that? :?:
            <center></center>

Comment

no but i have put a sound card in that slot and it works fine...

Comment

Well it seems to point to the modem them but frying one (and I take it that this is an external one connectin' thru the nic) would be the 1st time that I've heard of it. :?:
                <center></center>

Comment

explain this scenario with a bit more detail.... is it a serial external modem and a NIC to an internal network?

or is it a network card used as a connection to an adsl/cable modem or what ?? :confused:

Comment

it was the nic... i'm gonna slap a heatsink on the new nic... mabye that'll help :-\

Comment

Originally posted by Onyx
                      Always blame software first. Especially if it's MS.
                      LOL! Sad but true

Comment

Working...
                      X