This is what the ASUS A7V333 specs are for the fsb and such:

- Bus Frequency
    100/133MHz Internal
    200/266MHz External
    Alpha EV6 Communication Bus

- Memory Frequency
    100/133/166MHz DDR
    200/266/333MHz effective

Bus frequency totally makes sense. I can change my fsb incrementally which is no problem. The multiplier is locked so I'm sort of limited on what I can oc...not much I'm expecting.

The Memory frequency is totally confusing to me. I have some Corsair PC2700 DDR Ram and I have NO idea how fast it's running. It's rated at 333MHz but I can't find out this information. Do I assume that it is running at 333??

I've also noticed in the BIOS there is an option to run the CPU/BUS ratio as 1:1 or 4:5. 1:1 I understand but 4:5??? Why would anyone want to do that? I'm assuming it's for overclocking but I can't hazard a guess as to what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your memory will run at 166MHz (333MHz DDR) but as I've never used an Asus board I couldn't say for sure what it's for. At a guess I'd say that it means that 4:5 would be for running the memory at 166MHz while the CPU runs at 133Mhz FSB. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

wiggos right, the 4:5 ratio is your cpu(4):ram(5) frequency ratio which equals (when you have your fsb at 133) 133:166

so if you set it to 4:5 your ram will be running at DDR333
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yup, that is what the 4.5 ratio does, i asked Asus themselves and they confirmed it. I was qurious too in the beggining cause i have this board as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          Your memory will run at 166MHz (333MHz DDR) but as I've never used an Asus board I couldn't say for sure what it's for. At a guess I'd say that it means that 4:5 would be for running the memory at 166MHz while the CPU runs at 133Mhz FSB. :smokin:

Yes, theoretically, I agree with the 4:5 ratio which corresponds to 133 CPU :166 memory. But, after using that 4:5 ratio and run a memory bandwidth test in SiSandra, it appears that the DDR memory is still set at 133Mhz, instead of 166!

I'm using Corsair XMS2700 as well, and currently using the latest A7V333 Bios 1006. I found out that there's difference between settinbg 1:1 and 4:5, I am still not successful at running the memory at 166Mhz!!

Any suggestions? Any A7V333 user out there can help?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo

Yes, theoretically, I agree with the 4:5 ratio which corresponds to 133 CPU :166 memory. But, after using that 4:5 ratio and run a memory bandwidth test in SiSandra, it appears that the DDR memory is still set at 133Mhz, instead of 166!

I'm using Corsair XMS2700 as well, and currently using the latest A7V333 Bios 1006. I found out that there's NO difference between setting 1:1 and 4:5, I am still not successful at running the memory at 166Mhz!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

I'm using Corsair XMS2700 as well, and currently using the latest A7V333 Bios 1006. I found out that there's NO difference between setting 1:1 and 4:5, I am still not successful at running the memory at 166Mhz!!

Don't take what Sandra says with the KT333 chipset too seriously as there are appartently some issues between the 2 atm. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
              X