XP unlocked or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP unlocked or not

When I check the Bios I can change the multiplier on my XP.
    But when I use SiSoft Sandra 2001 it doesn't show a larger multiplier. Is there special software to check the multiplier or do
    I have to take out my magifying glass and check the bridges?
    I hope the first, because I just put my system back together this evening.

All AthlonXP's are delivered locked but to unlock it check out this link. ;)
    http://www.athlonoc.com/reviews.php?...ntent&id=5
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Hey Wiggo! Long time no see! I've been somewhat occupied with winemaking these past... Anyone know if you can use artic silver II to bridge the L1 pins? I believe it's pretty conductive. and to fill the laser gaps, how about RTV blue silicon.. you know.. that blue stuff that's used in automotive stuff, and has a high heat tolerance..

Just wondering.

Comment

Hi long time no hear. :wave:
        Actually superglu or clear nail polish will do the holes but I'm not sure if ASII will have the impedence to do the job of bridgin' though.:?:
        If ya try it let us know.
        A windsreen defogger repair kit will do the job though. ;)

Comment

Good to see you got yourself registered again Frost. I also haven't heard of ASII being able to do that.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah even though it's conductive it's probably no more so than a pencil which isn't enough and the bridges need a certain amount of current if its to work. :smokin:

Comment

Well, ASII has a lot of silver in it, that's for sure.. guess I'll have to get out the Ohm meter and do a little spot on some piece of plastic and let ya all know.. Upside is nearly all the OC'er out there have that in a drawer, if it works.. Downside, is it's a messy little compound, but surely can't be any messier than some of the conductive silver stuff in the jar or that conductive ink pen.

Also here's a trick to pass along guys. I wear glasses and have bifocals (I'm old.. 48). But that's not enough, so I use a pair of large reading glasses at 2.25+ diopter.. now that helps a lot put over my regular glasses, but still not what I'm looking for. So, I use scotch tape and put a piece of magnifying glass on the right lense towards the bottom where I look through (on top the reading glasses). When you do your work that pin point looks like a bloody chisel that way. so you can use much care, and really really get a "on hands" look at what needs to be done and how it's going.

Just thought I'd pass that one on.
              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X