No announcement yet.

OC a cdrw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the most recent Acer hardware I have come in contact with are their 52X - CD-Rom's... A friend I have come to know recently, had just bought three of the drives brand new. One for for himself, his family, and his girlfriend. And within about three months, (in computers that are barely used) the drives would randomly spin up and rattle, for minutes at a time. And if there was a cd in the drive, anything you were trying to do took far longer than it should take, because during the process, it would stop and then try to start again, making a reving sound. Rev ... pause... rev... pause... One of the drives even would randomly open one inch completely by it self.

Apart from that, I have a friend who once bought an Acer from Best Buy, and the thing was nothing but problems the entire time he had it. And he was very computer-competent.

Those are my experiences with the company... So yea, maybe Acer makes a good item once in a while, its pretty hard not to, but at least with the experiences I've had, I'm staying away from them. shrug

Comment

ok, so i got the origonal 9100 .bin

but now:

It seems to be the right file, but I can't burn anything at all now. Nero, CloneCD, and NTI all freeze up. I have to restart the pc to quit the app.
      With nero, it gets the "scanning SCS/IDE bus" and freezes. With CCD, it loads the app's screen, then freezes, and with NTI, it loads everything fine, but freezes when a blank cd is put in.

drive works fine as a plain cdrom

Ideas?

Anyone?!

:rolleyes2

Comment

i paid $85.00 for my 32x lite-on,

i benched a 24x lite-on next to a sony 24x and the lite-on walks all over it,

beat it by a two full minutes on a 600mb file

Comment

Sugestion - Buy a new CD writter c'mon there almost as cheap as chips lol.

Comment

$55.00 FOR A 32X12X40

It's a Cyber. I am not sure of quailty of it.

http://www.ussa.com/ussaonline/produ...D106%2D1001984

You all should go to

www.pricewatch.com

It's a good search engine for computer part prices.

Comment

Working...
            X