Detonator 40.72 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonator 40.72 drivers

In a moment of madness I decided to try out Nvidia's new 40.72 drivers.
    Found exactly the same problem I experienced with the 40.71 release, guess its back to the 30.82 version again.
    Don't they test these drivers before they release them?

Yes they do test them but with the endless hardware combinations out there today not every version is going to be benificial to everyone. Every version now is either great for some and lousy for others which is why so many drivers are being released now so that there is one that's right for you. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by weta
      In a moment of madness I decided to try out Nvidia's new 40.72 drivers.
      Found exactly the same problem I experienced with the 40.71 release, guess its back to the 30.82 version again.
      Don't they test these drivers before they release them?
      Thas why they call them Beta.

But no worries, offcial 40.xx drivers should be out really soon!

Andy

Comment

Yes your quite right, but it is also a WHQL Candidate driver.
        One site is stating that the 40XX drivers will only work with GF3 and GF4 cards. And that users of Geforce, GF2 and MX cards should use the 30XX drivers.
        Has anyone with a Geforce 2 actually got this Detonator release working properly?
        When I load 40.72, the drivers work properly, but I am unable to access the control panel.

Comment

That could very well be the case as both my systems with TNT/2's have heart attacks everytime they see drivers over 5.32's. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I work with the Detonator 40.71 drivers on a Geforce2MX400.

I have found no problems at all, so my guess is that Geforce2 users can easily upgrade to the new 40.xx driver range.
            Even my benchmark was 17% better than with the 30.xx range.

Comment

improve things out?

Comment

OOPS!

Comment

Does anyone know an e-mail address for Nvidia's Software Dept.
                  This post is likely to cause a few laughs,':laugh:'but hey, don't ask, you don't get.

Comment

Well I waited, and the 40.72 WHQL drivers are out, but I've still got the same problem, I can't access the control panel.
                    It clearly states on the download page that the Detonator 40 release supports everything from the RivaTNT to the Quadro4,
                    only a couple of the moblie chips are unsupported.

Can someone explain the reason Nvidia offers beta drivers on their site, but fails to allow users the opportunity to report bugs
                    or problems, that certainly doesn't make any sense to me at all?

Comment

Well, they work with my MX400. Nothing seems to be wrong.. yet.

Comment

I've finally got my control panel to work thanks to a tip I picked up at the caretakers.net

Comment

40.72's worked better than the 41.09's. My 3DMark actually dropped with the 41.09's........

Comment

Working...
                          X