Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed.. MSI Ti4400

Hey guys = )

Just bought an MSI Geforce4 Ti4400. I'm trying to install it on a AMD 1.4ghz, IWILL KK266-R, IBM 40gb Deskstar configured as a RAID 0 stripe, Win2K Pro.

It seems happy to run under Windows, but as soon as I enter any game and "Enable 3D (or Hardware) Acceleration", my machine crashes.

I've tried the drivers on the MSI CD. I've tried the updated (Official Release) driver on the MSI website. I've tried several Detonator drivers from the NVidia website, and a few BETA drivers from 3DGuru just for fun. Each time, I've uninstalled the previous drivers, set the adapter to VGA and then installed the new drivers, but EVERY time it crashes in any game using acceleration.

I've re-installed DirectX 8.1 NT just for fun. Amazingly, everything passes all tests using DXDIAG, even the Hardware Direct3D tests, but still the games (every single one of them) crash. I can play any of the games without acceleration, but that kinda defeats the expense of $220.00... heh

Any help appreciated...

- Keith

Do you have the latest 4in1's install? Also could be one of the AGP settings in BIOS that are causing the prob. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Something else to consider is the type of video card that it is replacing. If it was a non-nVidia board, then they are rather notorious for leaving remnants of their drivers hidden throughout the system and they tend to cause no end of trouble.

Just food for thought. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Working...
      X