Coolbits Settings for 16mb nVidia TNT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolbits Settings for 16mb nVidia TNT2

I have a P3 Win 98SE with nVidia 16mb TNT2 and Detonator 5.32 driver (Can't install later version due to my Yamaha X-wave soundcard which corrupts my Start Button). AGP; BIOS 2.05.20.02; On-board-memory 16mb; IRQ 11. The settings when I enable Hardware Settings in nVidia are Core Clock Frequency 100mhz and Memory Clock Frequency 110mhz. I adjusted 1mhz each, but how far should I go? Also what setting should I have for OpenGL Vertical Sync? Always off (default), off by default, or on by default. :?: Also, any patch to prevent the Start Button to be corrupted when installing later Detonators?

As far as I know, the later versions of the Detonator drivers have fixed that little glitch with the Start button, but with your video card you really won't get any added benefit. You're probably using about the best for your current card.

As to how far to go, that really depends on a number of things. Different systems will have better luck than others, so just take it as far as it can go while still running smoothly. As a rule, tweak it high enough for you to start seeing visual artifacts, and then knock it back down a step. With a little experimentation, you'll find the best settings for your particular setup.

Good luck! :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I can adjust 1 mhz at a time. But when I overshoot its limit, will my video card burn? or I can still adjust backwards without problems? Just want to get as much data before I proceed. . Also, I have tried Det XP, the 27.+ series, and several others but it keep corrupting my Start Button. Until I've read to use only up to Det5.32 for PC's with Yamaha soundcards.:?:

Comment

Could be some sort of issue between the two peripherals, and to be honest... if it's still there, then it probably won't be fixed.

And yes, you can adjust the speeds backwards if you go to high. Since you're taking it easy and adjusting in small increments, then what you'll want to look for is visual glitches in the picture quality. I normally use the 3DMark programs to stress out my card and look for problems. You'll know it when it happens... you'll see white lines shoot across the screen, or have a small area look funny in the graphics. When you start seeing these anomolies, just back the settings down a notch and you'll be cooking.

But be warned. It is theoretically possible to trash your card when you overclock too far, but the odds are actually pretty slim. If it was that easy to kill a card, then folks wouldn't be so gung-ho for overclocking. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Have found a good website to go, say 5 to 10%. Thanks also.:) :)

Comment

Working...
          X