Issues installing XP drivers on Vista laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues installing XP drivers on Vista laptop

My cousin bought an Acer laptop with Windows Vista on it. He wanted me to put XP on it, so we bought Windows XP and I installed it for him. I'm having some serious issues now trying to get the drivers to install. I've downloaded all the XP drivers and installed them. The chipset and video drivers were recognized but the webcam, lan driver, wireless ethernet driver, and audio drivers won't get recognized by the OS. I don't understand what's going on and I'm not sure what to do. Is it possible that XP drivers won't work with the hardware. There is a Vista sticker on the laptop. It's an ACER 5720.

Re: Issues installing XP drivers on Vista laptop

You might try contacting Acer tech support and see about XP drivers. Odds aren't good they will have anything for you if the machine was created for thre Vista OS but you haven't lost anything by trying. Alternatively, you can open the ports on the bottom of the laptop and try to identify chipsets and models of installed peripherals. From there you should be able to Google drivers for them.

Oh... you did not need to purchase WinXP. You can install older versions of Windows on your Vista license... you just needed to get hold of the media for XP.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

It does sell with XP >>>
      Products & Services - Notebooks

Aspire 5720 (Vista only listed - See below) >>>
      http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5720.html

TravelMate 5720 XP and Vista Listed >>
      http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/tm_5720.html

FTP directory so you can get all if have the aspire 5720, there is XP drivers for it here I am sure. But Since I do not know the exact specs of your laptop I cannot post direct links.

So I will look for the driver page and post back/edit this in one sec
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-26-2008, 04:29 AM.

Comment

well in case you havent found the right drivers yet.
        I ran into a similar issue and found some acer drivers on a driver pack that i got from freedriversonline
        It was pretty painless and straight to the point.
        Hope that it helps

Comment

this may help you: windows xp drivers
          its a piece of program that will automatically download and install all your hardware driver need. pretty simple huh!
          Windows XP Drivers | HP Drivers

Comment

Working...
          X