why ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why ????

Hi people i just got a new samsung 250gb hard drive but my system only recognizes it as a 30gb anyone got any ideas as to why ??

I tried this hard drive in my other pc and it showed up as 250gb but wen i put it back in my other pc again its only recognizing it as a 30gb.

All and any help will be much appreciated

Shine3y3.

Re: why ????

System specs?
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Ok thanx..... how do i go about sortin it if its sortable that is ? ?

i left another post aswel askin for help with a message that comes up on my screen on my other pc it says " your system has recovered from a serious error " any ideas on that ? ? ?

lol

Comment

ummmm....casecutter is asking for your system specifications: What motherboard, cpu, ram, etc is you computer made with? What operating system are you using (If Windows is it 95, 98, 98se, ME, 2000, XP {service pack 1 or 2?}, Vista ... a version of Linux or a Mac operating system? )? Anything you can tell us about your sytem may give us the reason for the problem.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

LOL @ me...... sorry

My system is...

Intel (R)
          Celeron (R) CPU 1.80 GHZ
          1.79 GHZ,
          256 MB of RAM

Windows XP Pro 2002
          SP2

Umm N thats bout it.

Thanx

Comment

my first guess is that your going to need to do a bios update for your motherboard, so we need to work out the model & make of the motherboard
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by shine3y3 View Post
              Hi people i just got a new samsung 250gb hard drive but my system only recognizes it as a 30gb anyone got any ideas as to why ??

I tried this hard drive in my other pc and it showed up as 250gb but wen i put it back in my other pc again its only recognizing it as a 30gb.

All and any help will be much appreciated

Shine3y3.
              Some times the simplest projects turn into a big pain in the axx.
              <o:p> </o:p>
              Are you adding another drive or replacing one? Did the drive come pre-formatted? What about the dip switch? Are they set correctly? Is the drive you are replacing a 30 GB? Do you or did you have a 30gb drive installed? If your dip switch on the new drive isn’t set correctly the system may not be looking at the correct drive. That would also cause an error because the machine wouldn’t know C from D and so-on. Could it be that the drive is a 30 GB drive? Check the label on the drive. I know it sounds stupid but shxx happens.
              When you put it into your other PC did you add it in as a new drive or replace a drive that was installed?

Tree Trimmer

Comment

Working...
              X