Catalyst 5.7 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 5.7 problem

Ok i tried to install the catalyst 5.7 drivers several times and i have a problem maybe one of you can solve. I'm going to be as complete as possible :)

My system:

AMD64bit / 3200
    ATI Saphire x800 pro
    Windows XP (SP2)
    (i guess nothing more really matters)

I used these drivers :
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27
    on that link : windows xp drivers and software -> RADEON -> Catalyst 5.7 windows xp driver download

I did uninstall my old drivers first, using the remove tool

------------------------------

The problem:
    After i install the new drivers, i have to reboot. Then everything is ok, i even get the 'Windows XP' image with the bar under it (like loading), but then my screen goes black and the login does not appear. Instead i get the following error:

H: 33.8 KHz V: 75.3 Hz

this seems to be a message from my flatscreen
    specifications on the flatscreen:

Medion 17'' ACTIV SXGA LCD-Monitor
    reaction time: 10 ms
    contrast 500:1
    it can go up to a resolution of 1280*1024
    60 Hz

---------------------

How could i fix this so the new drivers would work for me too?
    If you should need more info, plz tell me and i'll give it

Thanks alot for your help

Re: Catalyst 5.7 problem

Try to boot into safemode (F8) and go into your display properties to modify refresh rates. ...might help
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I tried this but here's the situation

with my old drivers still installed, i can chose from a refresh rate 43 - 180
      I know i have to put it on 60Hz for my screen and then it is.

But when i install the new drivers, boot in safe mode and go there, i cant chose. The drop down menu only has : use standard refresh rate. ?

Comment

Buy a real video card. A.K.A. NVidia. lol

Comment

That's the second stupid post I've seen from you in the last sixty seconds... That's truly incredible.

Anyway, try the Catalyst 5.6s and see if the problem isn't there. As the article on the front page of TT shows, the 5.7s do absoultely nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X