X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playstation on computer

How can i play on my playstation on my computer

Re: playstation on computer

You would need an emulator, but I do not think this is allowed.

Comment

Emulation is no crime on the end-user's part, so long as you don't go downloading games or anything similar (ie BIOS file for a Mac if you're using a Mac emulator or SNES game for a SNES emulator)...

But I can't help you there anyway. I've never tried (or actually heard of) any Playstation emulators.

Comment

I use Playstation emulators. It is legal as long as you own the orginal playstation and the original games yuou are playing. You will need to downalod the emualtor, playsation BIOS (sometimes hard to find, i got it from IRC), and some plugins.

Comment

Ahh, a BIOS... that's also illegal unless you actually own the playstation. I suppose IRC, file-sharing networks, and bittorent sites would be good places to look. I wouldn't be suprised if there were online instructions on how to copy your own playstation BIOS somewhere. Well, that might be hard to do with a playstation..

Comment

Woot! I own a Playstation and and a butload of games, so I guess its all legal for me!

Comment

or get a TV Tuner

Comment

http://www.epsxe.com/ is decent emulator. but as stated before getting a playstation BIOS is the hard part..

Also in the early days of the original playstation Sony sold development kits for a few thousand dollars each to people who were writing playstation games. it consisted of a PCI card and you needed to have supported hardware as far as your video/sound/CDROM/etc. were concerned. I saw one of these kits on ebay awhile back for less than a used playstation costs now..

Comment

Working...
                X