Dual monitor NVIDIA drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual monitor NVIDIA drivers?

Hey all, quick question. I'm running dual monitors with the Leadtek Ti4600. I thought I was getting the latest driver from Leadtek, but it jacked up the system. Would cause XP to reboot after log-in. I narrowed it down to the WinFast software the card came with.

I was able to fix it by installing the 43.45 NVIDIA driver, everything seems to be good, except on thing. The 44.03 was no good on the system, that's why I'm using the 43.45.

But when I updated, my primary monitor became my secondary monitor, and I can't get it to switch back. I know I can just swap cables, but is this common???

Also, I still get the flickering and black screens under heavy 3D games, do to the card being hot. But now with it switched the way it is, monitor #2 (old #1) is the one still flickering and going off, even tho the game is displayed on #1 (old #2) Does that make sense?

I've never had that prob with Leadtek drivers though the DVI output when used is always the main display. :?:

Comment

You will almost always get reduced performance when running two monitors rather than one. This is simply because your card needs to work that much harder.

The artifacts and lines may be something to do with the card overheating because of the extra work but i'm just guessing.

Comment

Well, just woke up, I was too tired last night to deal with it anymore.

Just switched the cables at the card, and now the DVI is the main, so this whole time the it had been the secondary... odd...

Thanks for the help!:thumb:

Comment

Just like fussy drive letters. Only have the primary connected when installing drivers. Then hook up the secondary. Next time anyway.
          athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
          tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
          asus a7n8xe-dlx
          thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
          bfg 6800gt
          seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
          samsung dvdrw
          2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
          logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
          2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
          creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
          mushkin 550w