Not working so well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not working so well...

First of all i would like to excuse my english, I'm just a swede :)

Jeje, now to the problem; my GF2 GTS 32mb...

I got like 3000 in 3dmark 2001, when I compared it with a similar comp (he just had 64more then me in RAM, everything except the drives to the GF was the same) i saw how my **** sux! :P He got 3800something, and that is 800-900 more then me, it must be something wrong with my comp...?

ive got a pIII 800, GF2GTS 32mb, 60gb HD (games, mp3s), 30gb HD (with WinXP), 192RAM, SB Live! 5.1, and so on...

I had nothing running in the background

It could be a few things, but more than likely it will be either his system is tweaked better than yours, or you are using some older drivers. Whenthe GF2GTS cards first came out, the drivers for the nVidia line was somewhere around version 3.68 or so. The current driver version is 27.20, so if you're running some old drivers, then it could result in your lower scores.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Could be it, but my i'm running the newest detonator, hmm _newest_ if you se what i mean =)

I havn't upgraded my motherboarddrives, shall I do it? and in that case: how do I know wich model I have? I think it's VIA, but i'm not sure about the model...

Regards

Comment

You can try that, but I don't think it will affect your scores much. You would probably have better luck in finding out the model of your motherboard and looking for some tweaks on the Internet. There are some settings within the BIOS of the system that can greatly affect the performance of the system, but read up on this before you try it. A couple of wrong settings can make for a very bad day when you frag the motherboard. :(

Good luck. ;)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X