[ask]CoolerMaster K350 case fan suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ask]CoolerMaster K350 case fan suggestion

Hi, I recently bought this cool case, CoolerMaster K350 with 1xred led front fan case,

do somebody know this exacly dB(loudness) specification of this case fan?

because I'm a bit disturbed by its loudness, exactly not that loud, i'm satisfied enough with this red light fan,
    but i planned to move my pc to my bedroom, just need more quiet fan.

any suggestion products for another red led fan replacement?

thx

Re: [ask]CoolerMaster K350 case fan suggestion

Fan is labeled from backside, then find specification on CM site.
    "exacly dB" will not say anything, it will depend on the distance and the measurement method.
    Just switch the fan power to 5v from 12v.
    Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Hi,

thx for ur reply,

do i need to change the cable to plug else where?
      or it is setting from bios? and, is it recommended to switch the 12v to 5v and not harm the led?

Comment

I don't know how your fan is connected.

If its a molex connector. Switch RED(+5V) and YELLOW(+12V). If there male and finale from both sides switch and all (Red,2xblack,yellow) wires from all sides! Use a tweezers to extract pins and housing.
        If there 3/4 pin fan connector, read your motherboard manual (about fan control) or buy molex to fan adapter with 5V and 12V connector.

When you connect fan to 5 volts, the brightness decreases and it will spin slower.
        Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjae View Post
          Hi, I recently bought this cool case, CoolerMaster K350 with 1xred led front fan case,

do somebody know this exacly dB(loudness) specification of this case fan?

because I'm a bit disturbed by its loudness, exactly not that loud, i'm satisfied enough with this red light fan,
          but i planned to move my pc to my bedroom, just need more quiet fan.

any suggestion products for another red led fan replacement?

thx
          Usually the fans that come with the case, especially if its a case that is under 50 bucks, won't be that quiet, especially if its built with heat dissipation as one of the selling points. But you might check with the manufacturer.

Comment

In my experience, fans provided with PC cases are quieter than most after market fans. But they also move very little air.

The fan in that case is rated at 1200 RPM max, so it could be slowed down some if it is running at full speed now.

Is that the only fan you use in your PC case? If so you must not be concerned with (or monitoring) system temperatures.

If the fan is disturbing your sleep, use Sleep mode on the PC, or shut it down.

Comment

Working...
            X