Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

athlon xp 1700+ with volcano 7+ with arctic silver 3 at 50c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is guys, by how much are your case temps over the room temp? :?:
    My case temps I try to keep within 0-4c of ambient if your getting more than that then that's where to look for a solution but so long as ya stay below 50c then things will be fine. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ya I most definitly agree. In fact I would wish that my computer ran at room temperature. Even the CPU. I'm sure this is possible with some water cooling and some delta's cooling the radiator. But anyway considering that my room temps are usually 25.5C my case temps are usually 27.7. However at night my parents usually turn off the air and it gets quite hot and my case can creep up to a blistering 32.7.

Comment

My ASUS KT133A + 1200Mhz was always to hot. Always near 60-63 degrees, even with Arctic Silver II and a Swiftech uhm, i think it was MCX462-A... Not overclocked.

My girlfriend got it now, and she dont do much cpu work, however, when I have watched a movie in the CD Player it is really HOT when I take it out.

Best Regards
        JemyM

Comment

Hey, a swedish fellow, welcome... : peace2:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

My Xp1700+ runs at around 42C under load with an Alpha PAL8045 & a 50cfm fan - case temp around 27C/ambient 23-25C
                  It ran a little cooler with the 80cfm Delta - but not enough warrant the noise in my opinion.

I would think a Volcanoe7+ would be capable of at least matching the performance of an Alpha.

Comment

I think it would too RDR as I got those same temps when I ran my XP1800+ at stock speed on medium fan speed (runnin' @ XP2100+ now though but still on medium until room temps hit 30c). ;)

Comment

Hmm how high is the room temp again?

Comment

That was during winter here when the room temps where in that range. ;)

Comment

Yeah, it's freeing in my room right now. Has to be on the verge of 40 Farenheight

Comment

For the Swedish gent running a 1200 with a Swiftech 462 and still getting 60c+......I'd be a bit concerned that you don't have the hsf installed right. My 1333@1537 never got over about 45c in a room at 28c. I had to NOT install the small lug washers that fit thru the mobo so that it would make correct contact with the core...the holes in the mobo were too small for the washers and lifted the hsf above the core so that the correct pressure could not be applied...and the riht pressure IS VERY IMPORTANT....I just put the bolts thru the mobo with a small piece of tape insulating them.....the instructions for installation warn about some mobo mounting holes being too small.

Comment

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1599 MHz
                              FSB: 133 MHz
                              Memory: 512 MB
                              Graphics Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500
                              Driver Version: 6.13.10.4041
                              Video Memory: 64 MB

Heatsink: Dragon Orb 1 w/ Artic Silver 2
                              Fans: 1 Case Fan on intake and 1 Case Fan on exhaust
                              -----
                              I get 60C running nothing but Window XP Home Edition and Norton Anti-Virus

I get 70C running Morrowind sometimes.
                              -----

I know this is a major problem. I'm purchasing a Volcano 7+ heatsink to replace my Dragon Orb 1, and I'm not sure what fan I'm gonna put on the heatsink. I'm going to apply Artic Silver 3 to my heatsink.

I have also bought 2 more CompUSA brand case fans, but I might just buy two Vantec Stealth case fans and give my brothers the CompUSA brand case fans.

First I have to make two new holes in my case because I don't have anywhere else to put my CompUSA fans.

Comment

ya those temps are pretty high. Do you have any sorta ventilation in your case? Other then a PSU fan? Cuase if you have no kinda ventiliation then the fan on your HSF will be doing nothing but circulating hot air. Also when you say xp/mp/4 you do relize that, that is 3 different processors right? Which one do you have? The AthlonXP 1900+ the AthlonMP 1900+ or the Athlon4 1.6GHz?

Comment

Working...
                                X