No announcement yet.

HD Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't trying to badger you there Mr. z. The argument just seems more heated than necessary to me.

Comment

Ok, fair enough.

I am doing my best at conversing at the absolute calmest as possible. No name calling has occured or aggressive threats or anything usually associated with a heated arguement. It dissapoints me that it is still being interpreted as a heated arguement. This is nothing but a calm discussion, jovial even... if possible. ;)

Comment

Good for that. We don't need a cyberfight! I personally like hearing different sides of the question as often what I'm reading yes you're right, I agree etc. Opposing points of view help get all the information out there.

Comment

Well Mr. Z one thing you said isnt exactly true...

Thats too bad Darth, because that is a fact of Fluid Dynamics when the fluids in question have negligable mass. The only exception to this fact is when a fluid like water which is very dense, can be accelerated into a filter element, and then its momentum carries it through. Air however, weighs virtually nothing, and therefore it can TURN ON A DIME to go around ANY obstacle.
          That statement will usually be true but in this case the fan is pulling the air through the filter... Therefore the air will not have as much freedom to do what it wants.

Oh yeah and your comment about the winding river thing is pretty simple to understand... Water goes downhill never uphill. So if when you see winding rivers notice that the banks are higher than the path it chose (e.i. A hill or mountian on the side of the river)? Water will NEVER go up a mountain or over a hill unless under different circumstances...

But like I said before why fight? I mean just state your view and get on with it no harch comments needed.

Drink up

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

It is a simple matter of two immovable people who will forever disagree on certain topics. I will, however, stand behind all my findings. And though it does seem that you have chosen mainly my comments to disagree with, if you state that this is not the case, then so be it.

Concerning your disapproval of my finding the V9 on par with the V7+, there were a few reasons behind this. First was the performance. While it may not be quite the cooler that the V7+ is, it still remains a very effective cooler in its own right.

Another reason was the price. At the time of the review, it was selling for roughly half what the V7+ goes for. I have long been an advocate of not being a scrooge when it comes to processor cooling, but in the case of the V9 it was enough of a difference with a very satisfactory end result that made me consider this.

Finally was the fan used on it. The 75CFM monster that also allowed you to adjust the speeds for noise control were awesome! While the V7+ is still an outstanding cooler, it doesn't have the sheer power that the V9 does. Also, the V7+ uses an off-sized 70mm model.

And I would have been happy to do a direct comparison between the two fans, but I no longer have the V7+ available to me. The results I garnered were done before some rather severe changes to my system, so it wouldn't be fair to use those old results.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I will, however, stand behind all my findings.
              Then by all means, stand behind your findings, and respond to the errors that have been found in them.

Comment

response to pga1234:

in this case the fan is pulling the air through the filter... Therefore the air will not have as much freedom to do what it wants.
                Sorry, but there is no difference whatsoever. Pressure is pressure, and the physics of how the air will act are not dependant on if the air is moving away from a high pressure area or moving into a low pressure area. And if you read that sentence closely you will see that they are EXACTLY the same thing. :)

Water goes downhill never uphill. So if when you see winding rivers notice that the banks are higher than the path it chose
                I'm afraid you missed the end of my sentence. I said rivers never flow straight through their flood zones. Meaning that if a perfectly flat piece of land is set at just a bit of an angle, and then water is allowed to enter at a high point, the water will NEVER flow straight down the hill, unless the hill is really steep. Haven't you seen those science demos where they smooth out wet sand on a wooden tray and then have a fish tank pump, pump water up just to display how the water flows down through the sand? Proving that this next statement; is false.

"it is also true that it will attempt to get to where it is directed by the shortest possible means. This is a simple fact of nature."

Comment

I use a simpler solution with filters.

1. Filter all intakes.

2. Take reasonable care (without going nuts) to avoid gaps around intake fans.

3. Do not attempt to exhaust more air than you are intaking with those filtered intake fans.

4. Clean filters weekly.

5. Check the interior of the case periodically to ascertain that the filters are working by inspecting for dust.

6. Rethink # 2 if dust is found inside the case.

Comment

I like the AV PETER:thumb:
                    - Damien

Comment

Thanks FLACO . Having trouble deciding on one man. Maybe a poll is in order.

Comment

Even though that makes you look like a chick ...its real cool..tho u perfer the "making out session" one.: peace2:
                        - Damien

Comment

That is an inconsistency, but I have had trouble getting the "right" male anime figure that catches my essence.

Comment

Working...
                          X