Good video cooling/HSF or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good video cooling/HSF or not?

Are "Cooler Master DP5-7H53F High-Performance HSF" and the "Kool Maxx Video cooling system" any good when it comes to cooling? I really can't do anything about it because that what comes with the system but I am wondering if I need to buy better cooling systems when I start to overclock.... My case has 6 fan slots so...

You can change anything you want to change. The cooler master can definately be improved upon with a Volcano 7+. The Kool Max has its fans.

Only 6 fan slots? You may need to cut some more holes - just kidding, but look around & see what others are doing.

Comment

Hmmm, ok thx. I need ALOT of help here.... new to the whole overclocking/cooling scene sooo.....

Comment

How are you monitoring the heat?

Comment

I dunno I am thinking about getting on of the Hard cano's.... It would be easier for me to just have that.... not sure....

Comment

That or the Digital Doc, both beat having nothing.

Comment

yeah... can you see what your heat is in your bios?

Comment

No, but some motherboards can monitor the CPU temp with the proper software.

Comment

ok then ill probably buy a hardcano when i start to oc my comp... it also cools the hd sooo ill be happy...

Comment

As long as you're satisfied with it. Good luck with the OC.

Comment

The Digidoc 5 can handle a hard drive being mounted in it as well and his has a couple fans the blow are over the HD. It also has 8 temperature probes, which might be useful in mapping temp profile. Not trying to change your mind, just another option.

Good luck :wave:
                      JM
                      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Oh yes you were trying to change his mind, & that's a good thing.

Comment

Hmmm where would I find one of those?

Comment

Hehe sorry I took so long... gone for a couple days.

Comment

You can find a Digital Doc pretty much anywhere. I know that you can find at NewEgg, Directron, and Cooler Guys. Those are all in the US. I would imagine that most of your Friendly neighborhood etailers/retailers would probably have one. The Digidoc 5, I believe is the latest iteration.
                              Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
                              X