Thermalright ultra 120 extreme question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermalright ultra 120 extreme question

Hello i am about to buy a T.R.U.E. I would like some recommendation on a fan that i should get for it and some other fans for my case.
    The fans that i want is that they have to quiet. For the case fans i would like it to have neons.
    Oh and can you tell me the range of which is a good dB for a quiet sound.
    Thankyou

Re: Thermalright ultra 120 extreme question

anyone?

Comment

You could get some of the fans in my sig, all of which are 120mm, they're all LED, except the sharkoon. Any of them will be excellent with the TRUE. I don't personally find them noisy, even when all on full blast together, though some people would. I prefer fans that have 2000rpm and over 70cfm, and I get excellent cooling. However, you can go for lower rpm and cfm, say 50cfm and 1300rpm and still get decent cooling and quieter sound. My fans: the enermax everest is 46cfm, the xigmatek is 61cfm, the sharkoon silent eagle is 76cfm, and the AC Ryans are 77.70cfm. I have the sharkoon on my TRUE, an AC Ryan on my VGA cooler (used to be the enermax everest as you can see in the pic, that's now become my bottom case fan), and the rest are case fans.

Here's some pics.

[IMG]
      Last edited by Merlin5; 10-18-2009, 08:22 PM.
      *Phenom II x2 550BE @3.1GHz*HIS 4870 1GB*WD RE3 1TB sata II*Coolermaster Dominator CM690*OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w*Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 @EPP 4-4-4-12*
      GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0*TRUE Rev C + AC MX-2*Thermalright HR-03-GT vga cooler
      *120m fans: Enermax UCEV12 Everest TWISTER blue LED/Xigmatek XLF-F1253 orange-white LED/
      4 x AC Ryan Blackfire 4 UV-LED blue, blue-green & blue-orange/Sharkoon 'golfball' silent eagle 2000

Comment

Very nice. Those fans will be good and perfect for my computer and the LEDs will bring out my computer.
        PS: you have a really neat case. I love the cabling

Comment

Heh, thanks, you should have seen my case a few weeks ago before I even knew about cable management. Boy what a mess that was
          *Phenom II x2 550BE @3.1GHz*HIS 4870 1GB*WD RE3 1TB sata II*Coolermaster Dominator CM690*OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w*Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 @EPP 4-4-4-12*
          GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0*TRUE Rev C + AC MX-2*Thermalright HR-03-GT vga cooler
          *120m fans: Enermax UCEV12 Everest TWISTER blue LED/Xigmatek XLF-F1253 orange-white LED/
          4 x AC Ryan Blackfire 4 UV-LED blue, blue-green & blue-orange/Sharkoon 'golfball' silent eagle 2000

Comment

nice ide cable drive :)
            i7 920 D0
            Gigabyte UD4P Bios F9c

Comment

Merlin5, nice rig. Those fans look amazing

p45 ud3p 1.6 fb stable but fd fails or is it just my ocz incompatibility?!? This guy has problems uniquely similar to mine. I'm starting to think this ocz brand is just not that great. JR P45 driving me crazy!

MB Rev: ga-ep45-ud3p 1.6 Bios Ver: fd
              Cpu:E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB
              Ram:OCZ Reaper HPC 2x2GB DDR2 1066 Dual Channel Kit
              PSU:Antec EA500
              Chipset: Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX
              SB: TT Extreme Spirit II

Comment

Working...
              X