No announcement yet.

Will ZEROtherm BTF90 fit GA-EP45-UD3P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will ZEROtherm BTF90 fit GA-EP45-UD3P?

Hi. I am building a new system (my first build), and am looking for a heatsink/cooler to handle some overclocking with an Intel quad q6600 on a EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard. The cooler I would like to buy, after reading many reviews, is the Zerotherm BTF90. But I'm not sure if it will fit. The pdf manual lists the size as 108(L) x 81(W) x 128(H). I want to set it up so that the fan points toward the back of the computer. Also, my power supply is mounted at the top, so there is very little room between the top of the motherboard and the power supply. Does anybody know if this will clear the Mosfet and Northbridge heatsinks on the board?

I've read a comment on another forum that he has seen the BTF80 fit that board, and the BTF80 and BTF90 are identical in size. But then, I read elsewhere that somebody had a BTF90 that didn't fit that board, so now I'm confused.

If it won't fit, what else could I use that will handle some overclocking (not extreme) with a q6600 quad core? I am mostly concerned with the cooler clearing those on-board heatsinks, since they are a bit tall, but I am trying to avoid these 120mm size tower coolers, because they would completely dominate all the free space in my case.

Thanks very much in advance.
    Last edited by gwent; 01-15-2009, 03:23 PM.
Working...
X