No announcement yet.

Speed Switch on Volcano 7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the standard volcano 7? Does it have a switch? Or does it automatically toggle with high and low speed fan.....would I be able to have the fan at 5000 RPM all the time? I currently have a WBK38 the thing spins at 7000RPM very loud but only moves 38CFM of air........5000CFM would be very quiet and move 58CFM of air I wanna get a standard volcano 7

Comment

The Volcano 7 uses a heat sensor to adjust the speed of the fan though this can be modded to bring the sensor into contact with the heatsink itself or taken off completely though I'd prefer to go with the 7+ version myself. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What be the speed of the fan if I unplug the sensor?

Comment

errr i don;t think u can unplug the sensor....can u ?

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
            ReSpAwN DeMoN[/size]]
            What be the speed of the fan if I unplug the sensor?
            You can cut it it off and join the wires together and that will just give you a full speed fan. :smokin:

Comment

you would want to test that theory before putting it to work

Comment

There are quite a few modding guides around on doing this and relocating the sensor to contact the heatsink plus a few m8's of mine have done both, all successfully. :smokin:

Comment

well i wanto do the same thng in my antec PSU but i dun wanna risk it unless i;m sure it will work cos opening it voids warranty:D

Comment

Working...
                  X