No announcement yet.

Speed Switch on Volcano 7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing stock speed right now (1.670); but, the highest i've tried... before windows stops booting is 1.750 GHz (not much)...now that i got my case and Cpu temps lower i will try for a much higher overclock. : peace2:
    - Damien

Comment

Unlock the processor, lower the multiplier and crank up the FSB. You should be flying high in no time at all. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

i busted out with a 1.815 ...i am going to give a 1850 tomorrow: peace2: too lazy to do it now..
        - Damien

Comment

if i were to get TT volcano 7+ how would i install it. thanks

Comment

Just the same as a normal HSF but here is AMD words on how it's done, http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...docs/23986.pdf , just remember that the 7+ is just bigger and heavier than what they use in that guide. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Installing a heatsink is a matter of simplicity. Here's a quick step by step that has worked for me through countless heatsink reviews. It assumes that you have already removed and cleaned the processor from the motherboard.

- Making sure that the processor is clean, apply a thin, SMOOTH layer of a good thermal interface material (Arctic Silver is a good choice);

- Install the processor into the Socket and engage the lever;

- With the heatsink at a slight angle to the processor, set the back lug (away from the Socket lever pivot point) of the sink onto the Socket lug;

- Rock the heatsink straight down onto the processor core making sure not to move it from side to side;

- With the blade of a screwdriver, set the front clip of the heatsink onto the Socket lug.

That's all there is to it. I have done a lot of testing on different heatsinks and this method has always worked for me. It ensures a solid fitting of the sink to the core and also minimizes the pressure needed to install the front clipping mechanism. This makes it unlikely in the extreme that you will do any damage to the tender processor core. :)
              My Toys

Comment

A lot of the problems I have heard of with using this cooling system is people dont like to assemble it... People like the pre-assembled coolers so all they have to do is stick it on and plug it in.

The installation and assembly is a simplemans task to say the least. While there is no 1-4 step process it is clearly illustrated for you. :)

Comment

when the fan dies on a volcano 7+ is it possiable to whack any 7cm fan on? (within reason)

Comment

Yes the places I buy the HSF's from also stock the fans as well. :smokin:

Comment

Your fan already died and you haven't even recieved the package yet?...LOL...: peace2:
                      - Damien

Comment

Just make sure and compare the power draw on the new fan to the maximum that can be handled by the little mini-rheobus.
                        My Toys

Comment

I was simply planning ahead :p
                          I wonder would the new Y.S.Tech fans fit? have they released the cfm rating for them yet?

Comment

I can't see any reason why those new Y.S.Tech 70mm fans wouldn't fit if need be though their cfm rating is around the mid 30's atm. :smokin:

Comment

Anyone know if you can get a 92mm to 70mm fan converter???
                              Office Rig : Asrock Extreme 6, 4790k, H100, 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 2133's, EVGA GTX580 SC, Samsung XP941 512Gb M.2, Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, NZXT case with an Antec TPQ1000 psu
                              WHS : Norco 20-bay case, HX1000, Intel G620/Z68 UD4, 16Gb 1600 ram, Velo 600Gb running Win8.1 Pro, 2 x LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i with 8 x 3Tb Hitachis in Raid6 and a bunch or random drives.

Comment

Not that I know and probably for the reason that 70mm fans have not been around long and there are not sufficent enough numbers of them. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
                                X