Temp problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp problem?

Windows Xp used to reboot my computer when the cpu hit 60C. This feature is disabled in the bios but windows still does it. I have replaced the old s**t Heatsink and fan with the Volcano 7+. Now windows reboots between 40C and 50C. My old heatsink had a 3 pin connector but the new 1 has a 4 pin connector cause it needs more power. I was wondering if my Power Supply wasn't good enough.

1.4 ghz Thunderbird 266 FSB - Volcano 7+
    512mb 133mhz
    ECS K7VZA Motherboard
    80gb ATA 133 7200rpm
    Geforce2 mx 32mb
    DVD
    CD-RW
    2 Fans - 1 in & 1 out
    System blower

Please help

no i don't think it is. I think you either didn't put any thermal paste on, or didn't apply it properly. You do know what thermal paste is don't you ?

Comment

yes i do know what thermal paste is and have applied it correctly to get rid of all air pockets. Any other ideas?

Comment

even tho your PSU should be able to handle it can you give us details of it (brand, wattage, etc)?
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

What's the voltage for the CPU ?

Comment

it is a 300w "A one" power supply. It is a 1.4ghz athlon running at 266fsb, think it is 3.3V

Comment

3.3V...i don't think so.

Comment

how do i find out the voltage of the cpu then?

Comment

look thru the settings in your bios... it should have it there somewhere
                  TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

yeah...if it's too high, then it'll be overheating, if it's too low, it won't be providing enough power and will also crash....but if you haven't fiddled with the bios it should be on defaut which should be okay...

Comment

haven't fiddled with the bios settings so should be ok. Have also tried loading the bios fail safe defaults & the optimised settings but still no luck.

Comment

well, it's probably not CPU voltage then...

Comment

Working...
                        X